Digest mode

k6dgw
Something has changed in digest mode for the list.  I used to get the
single message with a list of each subject line, and a bunch of
attachments, each named with the subject line of the original posting.
In the last couple of days, the attachments are all named "Forwarded
Message"  which makes it very hard to select a single message out of the
30 or 40 in each digest.  What happened?

I use T-bird for email, I don't think it has updated in awhile.

73,

Fred K6DGW

Re: Digest mode

David Woolley (E.L)
Fred Jensen wrote:
> Something has changed in digest mode for the list.  I used to get the
> single message with a list of each subject line, and a bunch of
> attachments,

I presume you mean MIME Digest mode.  That is still working for me,
although it is a choice on the subscription control page.  (It is the
only safe mode if you want to reply to an article, as editing the whole
digest loses the In-Reply-To header.)

> each named with the subject line of the original posting. In the last
> couple of days, the attachments are all named "Forwarded Message"  which
> makes it very hard to select a single message out of the 30 or 40 in
> each digest.  What happened?
>
> I use T-bird for email, I don't think it has updated in awhile.

No version of Thunderbird has worked like that for me.  In fact
Thunderbird has long standing bugs in its handling of MIME Digessts -
obviously e-mail isn't sexy enough to attract developers.  Unless an
extremely old version worked differently, your previous behaviour sounds
more like the way that Microsoft Outlook handles MIME Digests.

All the version of Thunderbird that I use display the messages in the
main window and also show them as attachments.

--
David Woolley
"we do not overly restrict the subject matter on the list, and we