Diversity mode doesn't link VFOs

Frank R. Oppedijk
Hi,

I've just installed my KRX3, and it's magic! One thing I noticed, though:

The manual says that putting the K3 in diversity mode will link the
VFOs (when you mode the VFO A knob). But that doesn't happen. After
having put the K3 in diversity mode I must put it in linked mode
myself before VFO B tracks VFO A knob movement.

Is this a bug, or did I miss an erratum?

73,

Frank PA4N

Re: Diversity mode doesn't link VFOs

Vic K2VCO
Frank R. Oppedijk wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just installed my KRX3, and it's magic! One thing I noticed, though:
>
> The manual says that putting the K3 in diversity mode will link the
> VFOs (when you mode the VFO A knob). But that doesn't happen. After
> having put the K3 in diversity mode I must put it in linked mode
> myself before VFO B tracks VFO A knob movement.
>
> Is this a bug, or did I miss an erratum?

Actually, what happens is that in Diversity Mode, VFO A controls both receivers. VFO B
remains available should you want to use SPLIT. Of course, you can't have a dual receive
option while diversity is in effect, but you *can* operate SPLIT, using REV or A/B to
check the transmit frequency.
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco

Re: Diversity mode doesn't link VFOs

Frank R. Oppedijk
Vic,

Yes, of course! That's the reason I don't see the VFO B display
change when I move VFO A. Thanks for pointing this obvious issue out to me.

It must have been the tiring week...

Have a good weekend!

73,

Frank PA4N

At 00:17 07/02/2009, Vic K2VCO wrote:

>Frank R. Oppedijk wrote:
>>Hi,
>>I've just installed my KRX3, and it's magic! One thing I noticed, though:
>>The manual says that putting the K3 in diversity mode will link the
>>VFOs (when you mode the VFO A knob). But that doesn't happen. After
>>having put the K3 in diversity mode I must put it in linked mode
>>myself before VFO B tracks VFO A knob movement.
>>Is this a bug, or did I miss an erratum?
>
>Actually, what happens is that in Diversity Mode, VFO A controls
>both receivers. VFO B remains available should you want to use
>SPLIT. Of course, you can't have a dual receive option while
>diversity is in effect, but you *can* operate SPLIT, using REV or
>A/B to check the transmit frequency.
>--
>73,
>Vic, K2VCO