Driving external relays by mode (or maybe by band)

Driving external relays by mode (or maybe by band)

Harry_Yingst
I have a K3 with the Two Meter Module and I would like a way to switch the antenna
automatically between my Yagi and Vertical when I switch between CW/SSB and FM.

Is there a way I can pull a line high or low depending on mode?

Thank you

Re: Driving external relays by mode (or maybe by band)

KD3RF
Yes.

Take a look at the KRC2 Band decoder.

It decides which antenna to select based on band data from the K3 and provides the relay drivers (12 or 24 volt) to operate your coaxial switches,

http://www.elecraft.com/KRC2/krc2.htm

Re: Driving external relays by mode (or maybe by band)

Harry_Yingst
Yes, I can do it that way at last resort, but then the question,
becomes how can I split up the Two Meter Band into different segments.

Re: Driving external relays by mode (or maybe by band)

Joe Subich, W4TV-4

To the best of my knowledge there is only one band decoder currently
in production that allows splitting an amateur band by frequency -
that is the microHAM Station Master.  Station Master has a fully
user programmable frequency table which permits splitting any (or
all) bands into as many different segments as are needed for the
available antennas.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV

On 4/14/2014 7:44 PM, Harry_Yingst wrote:

> Yes, I can do it that way at last resort, but then the question,
> becomes how can I split up the Two Meter Band into different segments.

> Message delivered to [hidden email]

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: Driving external relays by mode (or maybe by band)

Harry_Yingst
Thank you, This does give me another path to explore.

(I could use something like an Atmel AVR to read the serial line.)