Dust cover for the KX3

Rose
I've been working with Wayne at Elecraft on a dust cover for
the KX3.  Prototypes have been sent back and forth, and a
design is almost finalized.

The paddle assembly will be an option, and I'd like to know
if there are those who would -not- purchase the paddles, and
therefore would not want an opening in the cover for them.

We'll address a potential padded case next.  It's a complex
issue, with many concepts of what "extras" might be added
over and above the KX3.

Stay tuned, and

73!

Rose - N7HKW
[hidden email]

Re: Dust cover for the KX3

va3bxg
I would not purchase the paddles. I want to use the money to purchase the battery pack etc instead

73s

Re: Dust cover for the KX3

k6dgw
On 11/28/2011 12:06 PM, Rose wrote:

> The paddle assembly will be an option, and I'd like to know
> if there are those who would -not- purchase the paddles, and
> therefore would not want an opening in the cover for them.

I likely will not get a KX3 ... KX1 and K2 pretty much fill my needs ...
but you never know :-)  Were I to buy it, I would definitely have that
neat little paddle.  If I could get it separately for my KX1 I would in
a heartbeat.

> We'll address a potential padded case next.  It's a complex
> issue, with many concepts of what "extras" might be added
> over and above the KX3.

I love my K2 case Rose made for me!  I'd sure consider a KX1 case too if
she had one, I'm using a generic "GPS Case" now and it fits poorly.  It
would be nice if the radio could be used without totally removing it
from the case.  I can do that with my K2 and case now, and I imagine it
would be an advantage for the KX3 given it's flat profile.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2012 Cal QSO Party 6-7 Oct 2012
- www.cqp.org