ECN/30 - Success!? (I think)

Daniel Reynolds-2
Well - if you never have any goals to aim for, you won't know if you got them.

First of all - hats off to Kevin/KD5ONS who does this every week for you guys.
Being NCS is fun - but it also can be complicated - as I can see by trying to
get through all my chicken scratches.

For those who weren't able to join us - it started promptly at 0000z and came
to an end around 0030-0040z.

I count 10 check ins - I have info on some, but not all (if it's in brackets -
it's from QRZ.com) - and your RST is in braces.

K6DGW [CA] [FRED] {didn't look sri}
W6UR  [CA]  LOU {599}
NY2LJ [NY] [LONNIE] {549}
N4GE   TN   JERRY K2 #1054 {579}
K2HYD  VA   RAY {339}
W7WEL  ID   BILL K2 #4001 {569}
W4FOA  GA   TONY {589}
WA5ZNU CA   LEIGH {339}
K6FM   OR   JAN {589}
W1TF  [GA] [RALPH] {589}

Many thanks to all of you taking the time to jump in there.

Lessons learned include:

- 30m is a great band - and was especially cooperative today - can't wait to
try it again (maybe for those who are too close for 30, we can try 40m at
0100z?)

- 10 wpm was probably overkill - I think many folks were patient with me even
though it probably wasn't necessary - unless someone specifically requests it,
or checks in with QRS, I'll be at 13-15 wpm.

- I made an assumption (bad idea) that some folks might want to exchange S/N's
-  I'm going to ask you to send QTC when you check in if you want to exchange
S/N's (e.g. DE AA0NI DAN OK QNI QTC K)

- We're going to have to work at making QNI easier - what I need to have you do
when you are checking in after I call QNI? is to send your suffix. I'll respond
with your suffix, and you can send your QNI info.

For example...
==============
NCS: ECN QNI? DE AA0NI K
YOU: XYZ
NCS: XYZ
YOU: DE K2XYZ JOE NY QNI QNX GE K {Joe wants out early, so he signed QNX}
NCS: TU JOE 73 = ECN QNI? K
YOU: FA
NCS: FA
YOU: DE W6FA BILL CA QNI QTC K
NCS: TU BILL PSE [AS] ECN QNI? DE AA0NI K {Bill wants to exchange S/N -> QTC}

- Don't try to keep your list on the same page you are trying to copy by hand -
it makes for poor organization

Well - that's all for now. Thanks again - and we'll be back on in about an hour
to try it some more (10115 +/-2 at 0200z).

73,
Daniel / AA0NI
Oklahoma City

Re: ECN/30 - Success!? (I think)

lonnie.m.juli
Dan,

Nice Job!

I was happy to find you right on frequency and right at the top of the hour.
You were RST 439 here in Brooklyn but you were slow enough and gave enough
repeats that I was able to figure out what was going on just about all the
time.

It was fun to check into my first Elecraft-centric event. Ran at 10 watts
(about twice normal) and had better results than I hoped for. All the rigs I
heard sounded great. The receiver on the K2 blows my 'regular' xcvr away.
Now I'll have to rearrange the shack!

I'm usually not home until about 0130Z, but worked from home today and was
glad to be able to participate.

Keep up the good work and HOPE CU AGN.

73,

Lonnie NY2LJ

K2 # 3073

Re: ECN/30 - Success!? (I think)

Dave Lowenstein
What about the 0200 net, Daniel?  Or didn't it count since I was the only
check-in and was running a TT Argonaut?  hi.  I enjoyed working someone
using a K2 and hearing what it sounded like as I hope to build one soon.

73,
Dave
N7AF