ECN Eurasia from the west end

g3pjt
Hi

I managed to work the following with the k2/100

20M
YI9RVT  579  K2   Doc
DL2MRF  559  K1 Tom
OH9NB  599  K2 Ben
SP9NSV  599  K2 Kris
OH4MFA/P   599 K2 Jukka
VE1RGB  599  K2  Gary

40m

YI9RVT  339 K2  Doc
DL2MRF  579  K1 Tom
OH4MFA/p  599  K2 Jukka
PA0RBO  599   K2 Rob

First time for me in such a CW net so sorry if I messed up the procedure. I
could hear some others calling on 20m but too much noise.

Antennas Butternut on 40 and 8el home brew tribander on 20m (3/4 active
elements ) at 20m

See you next Friday all being well

73

Bob G3PJT  K2 2642

Re: ECN Eurasia from the west end

Kevin Rock
Very fine!   You nabbed my very first check in too :  VE1RGB.  I guess he
is working both sides of the Atlantic now :)
    Good luck with ECN/Europa,
       Kevin.   KD5ONS

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 21:59:48 -0000, g3pjt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I managed to work the following with the k2/100
>
> 20M
> YI9RVT  579  K2   Doc
> DL2MRF  559  K1 Tom
> OH9NB  599  K2 Ben
> SP9NSV  599  K2 Kris
> OH4MFA/P   599 K2 Jukka
> VE1RGB  599  K2  Gary
>
> 40m
>
> YI9RVT  339 K2  Doc
> DL2MRF  579  K1 Tom
> OH4MFA/p  599  K2 Jukka
> PA0RBO  599   K2 Rob
>
> First time for me in such a CW net so sorry if I messed up the
> procedure. I
> could hear some others calling on 20m but too much noise.
>
> Antennas Butternut on 40 and 8el home brew tribander on 20m (3/4 active
> elements ) at 20m
>
> See you next Friday all being well
>
> 73
>
> Bob G3PJT  K2 2642

ECN Eurasia from the west end

SP9NSV
Hello,

Taking part in ECN Eurasia for the first time, I worked the following:

20M (only)
G3PJT 599 Bob K2
PA0RBO 559 Rob K2
OH9NB 599 Ben K2
JJ1XET/3 449 Nao K1
OH4MFA/P 579 Jukka K2
MW0IDX 599 Roger K2
Called YI9RVT several times but vy QSB - QSO not completed, perhaps next
week.

I used K2 sn 3143/ 10W and GP ant.

72 and 73 from Kris/SP9NSV

Re: ECN Eurasia from the west end

wayne burdick
Administrator

On Jul 3, 2004, at 9:24 AM, SP9NSV wrote:

> Taking part in ECN Eurasia for the first time, I worked the
> following....

Hi Kris (& Dwayne, etc.),

It's great to see this Eurasian ECN activity. I'm hoping that
conditions will be good enough for state-side checkins someday.

I'll have to get to work improving my antenna. Now let's see.....if I'm
going to put up a fixed-aimed wire beam that would optimize for ECN
Eurasia from San Francisco, where should it point?  :)

73,
Wayne
N6KR

---

http://www.elecraft.com

Re: Re: ECN Eurasia from the west end

Vic K2VCO
wayne burdick wrote:

> I'll have to get to work improving my antenna. Now let's see.....if I'm
> going to put up a fixed-aimed wire beam that would optimize for ECN
> Eurasia from San Francisco, where should it point?  :)

About 14 degrees is right for Fresno to Iraq, and given the beamwidth of
practical antennas, should be fine for SF.  The best propagation today
(assuming a flux of 100 and K of 2) appears to be on 14 MHz from about
0100Z to 0400Z.  18 MHz would be slightly better, but is less reliable.
My propagation program shows zilch at the 1900Z ECN time!  The current
time zone offset to Iraq is +4, so that means from 0400-0800 Iraq time
would be best.

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco