ECN

k6dgw
Well ... radio gods just don't seem to favor a path between here and
wherever Kevin is located.  A number of checkins were strong, but Kevin
was very (very) weak again on 20, and it took several checkins before I
could even copy his call.  Noise from all sources was blessedly low
too.  Needless to say, 4W from my KX1, even into a modest beam, was not
likely to be heard.  I doubt the K2 would have made any difference,
since he was equally weak on it.  As soon as Eric/Wayne come up with the
K2 mod that will take a signal from below the noise and bring it up to
Q5 copy, I'll buy it!  Might be some quantum electronics thing, however,
requiring liquid nitrogen for cooling.  40 for ECN has been nil in
recent weeks.

I'll probably cool it on ECN until closer to the vernal equinox, or
maybe wait for more sunspots.

73 and happy new year to all,

Fred K6DGW
Auburn CA CM98lw