ESD and XV144

M0XDF
While building an XV144, I assume it is wise to take ESD precautions?
I have everything I need except the wrist strap, which seems to have gone
missing over the last 10 years or so.
Can anyone in the UK recommend a supplier? Looking at RS they are rather
expensive.
--
If you must play, decide on three things at the start: the rules of the
game, the stakes, and the quitting time. -Chinese Proverb

Re: ESD and XV144

M0XDF
Thanks to all who replied - I guess I should have searched more :-)

On 13/6/07 11:21, "David Ferrington, M0XDF" <[hidden email]> sent:

--
I believe I found the missing link between animal and civilized man. It is
us. -Konrad Lorenz, ethologist, Nobel laureate (1903-1989)

RE: Re: ESD and XV144

Ron D'Eau Claire-2
The instructions in the XV144 assembly manual provide for building the unit
safely without a wrist strap, although a wrist strap is recommended to avoid
the need to remember to touch a ground at the right times.

Also, the instructions provide warnings associated with the specific steps
where you need to do that. This is similar to all the Elecraft assembly
manuals.

I have no idea what those other replies were, since they didn't post to the
reflector. That's a personal gripe of mine; it causes questions to be asked
and answered again and again and again, increasing the reflector bandwidth.
C'mon OMs and YLs out there: no one will jump all over you for not saying
exactly the "right" thing.

For every person who asks a question, there are a dozen who want to see the
answer! That's why it's an e-mail reflector! Answering off-line ensures the
question must be asked again or never answered at all for the bulk of the
folks here.

And, of course, a private answer is only as good as the person writing it.
The public reflector provides an important "peer review" that can help both
those asking the questions and those answering them to understand the
subject better.

"Snap, click, thump..." (sounds of putting my portable soapbox away)

Ron AC7AC