Ear buds fo rthe KX-1

Richard Arland
I remember seeing some information regarding the "prefered: ear buds for the KX-1. Can someone direct me to that web page?

73 Rich K7SZ

Re: Ear buds fo rthe KX-1

Robert-223
Hi Richard;

I think you are refering to "The Plug" by Koss.
Many sites are selling them including ebay.

Here is a link to one of the sites:
http://www.spysupply007.com/Hot_Sales/January/THEPLUG.html

Robert VE3RPF

I remember seeing some information regarding the "prefered: ear buds for the
KX-1. Can someone direct me to that web page?

73 Rich K7SZ

Re: Ear buds fo rthe KX-1

Bob Nielsen
On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 11:08:26PM -0500, Richard Arland wrote:
> I remember seeing some information regarding the "prefered: ear buds
> for the KX-1. Can someone direct me to that web page?

Page 62 of the KX-1 manual recommends Sony MDR or equivalent with a
sensitivity of 108 dB/mW.

73, Bob N7XY

Re: Ear buds fo rthe KX-1

Paul - VE1DY
Hi Rich...

They were the Sony earbuds 120 dB/mW.  I couldn't find the exact one,
so I bought the Sony MDR-EX51LP (100dB/mW).  Plenty loud and they are
the most comfortable earbuds ever. Only thing I find, you can hear your
own breathing if signals are weak, and if you take you eyes off the
cord, it will tie itself in a knot!

Remember for comfort (important), they are second to none!

72, Paul

--- Richard Arland <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I remember seeing some information regarding the "prefered: ear buds
> for the KX-1. Can someone direct me to that web page?
>
> 73 Rich K7SZ

Re: Ear buds fo rthe KX-1

Paul - VE1DY
Hi Leigh...

Thanks for the correction.  Yes, -108 seems to ring a bell.

72, Paul