Elecraft CW Net 40 meter Report June 2, 2004

Elecraft CW Net 40 meter Report June 2, 2004

Kevin Rock
Good evening folks,
    40 meters was rough this evening.  But I am assuming your families are
feasting you on this Father's Day.  My first check in was a bit tough but
I caught the call sign in two halves.  It appears W0MFQ, Tom, is not in
Missouri this week.  But I got a series of MNMNMNMNM but must have missed
a character because when I spelled out Minnesota I got a NO NM NM NM.
Then I got it and sent New Mexico, my old stomping grounds.  It was pretty
much ESP copy so I kept it short.  His KX1 was getting all the way from
the Land of Enchantment to our mountain in the Coast Range of Oregon.
Then I got another partial and asked for a fill.  As soon as I heard the
NLU I realized I was using the wrong antenna to work an op who's about 40
miles away!  I switched and copied him much better.  The storms were
causing havoc though.  I am sure I heard something under them but just
could not pull any more ops out of the hash.

The list:

W0MFQ - Tom - NM - KX1 - 307
N7NLU - Karl - OR - on either his K1 or K2 - 1663 or 4227

I forgot to verify but sigs were not as great as I would have liked (now
there is an understatement :)

I did work a few ops yesterday from the Elecraft booth which was great
fun.  Passed out one ECN QSL card and seven SeaPac QSL cards.  The music
of CW caught a lot of attention and I was giving more than one lesson on
paddle use, code copy skills, sending, and occasionally on how to use my
K2 ;)

Thank you both for your check in this evening.  Sorry if I missed someone
but the bands were not helping me very much.  I will try again in two
weeks since Field Day is coming up and it uses the bands quite
effectively.  I'll be staffing a CW table somewhere; I have yet to
determine which.
    73,
        Kevin.  KD5ONS  (Net Control Operator ?th Class)

You must subscribe to post.
Subscriber Info (Addr. Change, Unsub etc): http://mailman.qth.net/subscribers.htm
Elecraft page: http://www.elecraft.com