Elecraft CW Net Announcement

Kevin Rock
Merry Christmas,
    Propagation was good yesterday.  If any of you have time tomorrow and
would like to get on the air for a little while you are welcome to try the
Elecraft CW Net.  I expect the turnout to be light since many folks are
visiting or being visited.  All the wrapping paper will be scattered and
torn and the new kits being busily built in anticipation of first
contacts.  If you are especially quick you may be able to get one of those
KX1s or AT3s on the air in less than a day but I do not believe a K1 or K2
could be assembled that quickly.
    Hopefully the propagation will be good for us.  Since the weather is
turning blustery it may be nice to stay inside and work a few contacts.
If you lose me in the middle of the net it is simply the fir tree shedding
their snow load and pulling down my antenna.  I may be able to switch to
another antenna but the snow is supposed to be heavy by tomorrow morning.
Right now it is raining but the freezing level is dropping to under 1000
feet soon.  With any luck at all I will be on the air until 8 PM tomorrow
evening.
    If there are any of you in Delaware, Vermont, or South Dakota I would
appreciate your participation so ECN may gain the WAS award.  Please be
ready to exchange information with the NCS.  There may also be folks
interested in working others to earn Elecraft WAS or Elecraft Century
Awards.

Please join us :
Monday 0000z (Sunday 4pm PST) 14050 kHz
Monday 0300z (Sunday 7pm PST)  7045 kHz

Visit our web site: http://ecn.visionseer.com/ for further details.  Thank
you for the web space Dan.

No special requirements or exchanges necessary on ECN just check in and
see what happens from there.
   Hope to see you tomorrow evening,
          Kevin.  KD5ONS

Re: Elecraft CW Net Announcement