Elecraft CW Net Announcement

Kevin Rock
Good evening,
    I had a very busy day helping license and upgrade a number of
amateurs.  I enjoy working as a VE and get a kick out of copying CW at 5
wpm.  T EEEE EE EEE    EE EEE     ET    ETTE ETE ... and so forth.  It
takes a little while but it comes back to me :)  Then we went in search of
surplus electronics.  I was looking for some variable capacitors ~ 0-365
pF  and another ganged set of two 0-365 pF for a Z match I want to build.
No luck.  I may need to go another route to find these rare items.  Should
have saved them from my 1968 junk box I guess :(
    But enough about parts searching and VEing.  On to the net.  It will be
at the normal time.  The big sunspot is due to poke its head out in about
a day so this may be the last chance for 20 meters for the week but I
cannot predict what will happen.  Just as it was leaving the scene in its
last go around it did great things for the propagation with a sideways
blast.  10 meters opened into Eastern Europe for me.  That was fun.
Should be another fun week on HF.

Please join us :
Monday 0000z (Sunday 4pm PST) 14050 kHz
Monday 0300z (Sunday 7pm PST)  7045 kHz

Visit our web site: http://ecn.visionseer.com/ for net details.  Thanks
Dan.

No special requirements or exchanges necessary on ECN just check in and
enjoy hearing folks around the continent report on their weather and their
week.
   Thank you for your support,
          Kevin.  KD5ONS

PS  If any of you happen to live in DE, SD, or VT you will get a special
welcome.  Those are the last three states needed to gain the Elecraft CW
Net its Elecraft WAS award.  I think Larry would enjoy giving us one to
post on Dan's website.
    Take care.
       KJR

Re: Elecraft CW Net Announcement

WA2SI
If any kind souls from AK, WY, or NE plan to participate in tonight's net
and want to help me with my last 3 states for WAS; I'll be on frequency
approx. 1/2 hr. early for each net. Thanks. :-)

Vy 73 de Bert
WA2SI
FISTS #9384
QRP ARCI #11782

>    I had a very busy day helping license and upgrade a number of amateurs.
> I enjoy working as a VE and get a kick out of copying CW at 5 wpm.  T EEEE
> EE EEE    EE EEE     ET    ETTE ETE ... and so forth.  It takes a little
> while but it comes back to me :)  Then we went in search of surplus
> electronics.  I was looking for some variable capacitors ~ 0-365 pF  and
> another ganged set of two 0-365 pF for a Z match I want to build.  No
> luck.  I may need to go another route to find these rare items.  Should
> have saved them from my 1968 junk box I guess :(
>    But enough about parts searching and VEing.  On to the net.  It will be
> at the normal time.  The big sunspot is due to poke its head out in about
> a day so this may be the last chance for 20 meters for the week but I
> cannot predict what will happen.  Just as it was leaving the scene in its
> last go around it did great things for the propagation with a sideways
> blast.  10 meters opened into Eastern Europe for me.  That was fun.
> Should be another fun week on HF.
>
> Please join us :
> Monday 0000z (Sunday 4pm PST) 14050 kHz
> Monday 0300z (Sunday 7pm PST)  7045 kHz
>
> Visit our web site: http://ecn.visionseer.com/ for net details.  Thanks
> Dan.
>
> No special requirements or exchanges necessary on ECN just check in and
> enjoy hearing folks around the continent report on their weather and their
> week.
>   Thank you for your support,
>          Kevin.  KD5ONS
>
> PS  If any of you happen to live in DE, SD, or VT you will get a special
> welcome.  Those are the last three states needed to gain the Elecraft CW
> Net its Elecraft WAS award.  I think Larry would enjoy giving us one to
> post on Dan's website.
>    Take care.
>       KJR

Re: Elecraft CW Net Announcement

Donald K. Duncan

Hi all -

I'm working on K2 #4607.  I'm to the point of Alignment and Test,
Part II.  A couple of problems have come up.

1)  The K2 is failing the PLL range test with a range of 9.47kHz.
L31 is currently 10uH.  I've emailed elecraft regarding this.
Grepping the archives indicate that replacing L31 with 12uH may
solve this problem.  What's the consensus on this?

2)  I completed the remainder of the alignment for Part II.
I'm able to receive signals on 40m.  However, any change
in frequency results in a chirp occuring about 1/10 of a
second after any frequency change is made.  This chirp
occurs on all 40m frequencies, on all step increments and
all filter settings.  I suspect this is the PLL taking
an excessive amount of time to lock up.  Once locked, the
receiver is very stable.  All voltages on U4 are within a
reasonable value.  Any ideas?  Is this related to 1)?

Thanks!

~Don
--------