Elecraft CW Net Report for February 13-14,2005

Elecraft CW Net Report for February 13-14,2005

Kevin Rock
Good Evening,
    First off, thank you very much to Tom Hammond.  N0SS ran most of the
show this evening and deserves praise for his help and efficiency.  I am
not feeling very well and will be in bed soon with Nyquil soothing my sore
throat and sinuses.  Luckily my colds only last a few days but they are
not fun.  Without Tom's help running ECN this evening would have been
tough.  So he worked the stations and I logged.  Much easier for me.  I
did hear a couple ask about KD5ONS.  Well he was in the background
catching as many call signs and serial numbers as he could get.
    Next on the agenda: Rick, KL7CW, from Palmer, Alaska called after
ECN/20.  He wanted to tell me he copied each and every check in on the 20
meter net.  Kudos to him and his KX1.  He called after I called the roll
to tell me of this feat.  Way to go Rick.  Fine ears because I missed a
few of those and needed Tom's relay to get them.
    But propagation was very nice this evening.  29 check ins in all for a
nice geographic spread.  I put up a new antenna (102 foot doublet) which
seems to work nicely on both 20 and 40 meters.  N2YC, John in NYC was
quite the test on his KX1.  Fine signal though and I copied almost
everything he sent.

ECN/20 2355z on 14050 kHz:
AA3WF - Mychael - PA - 1025         QNI #55
N4GE - Jerry - TN - K2 - 1054
N0SS - Tom - MO - K2 - 008
W7WEL - Bill - ID - ATS-3
VE1RGB - Gary - NS - K2 - 2519
N7NLU - Karl - OR - K2 - 4227
N4SO - Ken - AL - K2 - 3394
KL7CW - Rick - AK - KX1 - 798
N2FQ - Fernando - CA - K2 - 2330
VE6QX - D. E. - AB - K2 - 4342      Name??
NK6A - Don - CA -   not sure :      Rig 1217/x656/k844?    I could not
hear you.
W0CZ - Ken - ND - K2 - 1031
AB9V - Mike - IN - K2 - 3993
W0QQS - Bruce - MN - K2 - 3646
K2HYD - Ray - VA - KX1 - 608
N2YC - John - NY - KX1 - 336
WD8JOL - Parker - OH - K2 - 2636

ECN/40 0255z on 7046 kHz:
K2PGB - Chris - NJ - non Elecraft rig
W0CZ - Ken - ND - K2 - 1031
N0SS - Tom - MO - K2 - 008         QNI #70!  Thanks Tom.
VE3XL - Ric - ON - K1 - 968
WA7BOC - Roger - WA - K2 - 755
AA0NI - Dan - OK - K2 - 3421
KO0K - Ben - OH - K1 - 1407
N7TM - Tom - WA - K2 - 741
W7WEL - Bill - ID - ATS-3
KT6JS - Jack - CA - K2 - 3256
K0RHK - Jerry - K1 - ?             SN ??
WA2DKG - Jerry - NY - K2 - 2549

I know I missed at least a couple of folks but the bands were changing
during contacts.  So much so in fact that a few of you simply went away.
But no problem.  We run these nets every week so you can always try your
luck with the propagation gods again.
If there are any errors or additions required in the above lists please
write and I'll post them.  Thank you for putting up with me for so long.
This evening was not my best showing but with all of the help I get it
doesn't show as badly as it could.  Thanks again Tom.
    73,
        Kevin.  KD5ONS  (Net Control Operator 5th Class)