Elecraft CW Net Report for November 29, 2004

Elecraft CW Net Report for November 29, 2004

Kevin Rock
Hello All,
    20 meters was fun and 40 meters was a bit of trouble this evening.  20
meters started with me sitting on frequency listening to the testers madly
sending code.  Could not help myself so I exchanged info with N0IJ.  My
one official contest contact during the 48 hour period.  I listened quite
a bit but he sounded so plaintive in the last few seconds of the contest I
just couldn't help myself :)  Then the band went quiet except for a few
dits here and there.  "Well", says I, "it's showtime".  And commenced
calling the net.

The list for 20 meters on 14050 kHz:
KI8JM - Bob - OH - K2 - 3630
W0NTA - Dick - CO - K2 - 1787
W6LX - Al - CA - K2 - 3674
K6DGW - Fred - CA - K2 - 4398
WA7BOC - Roger - WA - K2 - 755
WU5X - Jim - AR - K2 - 3440
K2HYD - Ray - VA - KX1 - 608
WA2SI - Bert - NY - Ten Tec Argonaut
AA3WF - Mychael - PA - K2 - 1025
N7GMT - Trent - UT - K2 - 3927      Wie geht es Ihnen?
WA7SPY - Glenn - CA - K2 - 323
W0QQS - Bruce - MN - K2 - 3646

Then on 40 meters we had a few tuners, a few PACTOR stations, QSB, and
just plain weak signals.  I thought I had someone early on but just could
not drag him out.  Then with the help of Dan down in GA we got him.
Checking my notes I find I got his call correct but in two parts.  First
the 4OW and then the KR?W?  Close but not quite.  But then he's all the
way over in Florida so that is not too bad.  Then I dug for the last one
thinking it was in Washington or Oregon because it was so tough.  No
again, it was in Hawaii.  But it was fun trying.  There were times I was
sure I was hearing something more but I may have been imagining it too.
Much like those contesters at hour 45 or so hearing DX out of pure static
:)

On 7045 kHz:
W0CZ - Ken - ND - K2 - 1031
WG4S - Dan - GA - K2 - 2456       Thanks for the QSP Dan!
KR4OW - Dave - FL - K2 - 4320
WA2SI - Bert - NY - Ten Tec Argonaut
NH7D - Ben - HI - ?? - ??   Just could not dig more than a call sign out
of this one.  Sorry Ben.

I hope I did not make too many mistakes in this list.  It is nice to meet
new folks and greet the past participants in ECN.  Please join us again
next week and see what conditions bring.
    73,
       Kevin.  KD5ONS  (Net Control Operator 5th Class)