Elecraft CW Net Report

kevinr@coho.net
Good Evening,

    Today was at or near 100% humidity, which drains my reactions and my
brain.  Low blood sugar added extra dits, or whole words. Occasionally
my mind would start spelling something else entirely. Soon we will
switch to the dry season like those farther south so I get a reprieve.

    Medium to deep QSB made life interesting, there were a few summer
storms out there causing problems too.  Roy described drought
conditions.  I would not mind at all if these clouds of mine moved their
way east.  They are wet enough to make the journey.  Steve alternated
between ESP and S5 with rapid QSB. Dave found me right after the net and
mentioned I had come up out of the noise.   On the next net Brian told
me I had been ESP to him on 20, at best.  On forty he was S7 to me with
mild QSB.  Jim came next with a fine signal from Idaho at 569 and slow
QSB.  Dale tried to win the high temperature award but that had been
taken by Roy.  Dwight was truly ESP.  I know he replied to one of my
calls but I could not work him.  Forty meters was indeed moving as we
progressed.

    When the rainy season breaks I will get back to antenna work. I want
four choices by the time the snow falls.

   On 14050 kHz at 2200z:

K6XK - Roy - IA

W5TO - Robert  - TX

K4JPN - Steve - GA

AB9V - Mike - IN

W8OV - Dave - TX

   On 7047.5 kHz at 0000z:

K0DTJ - Brian - CA

K7TXA - Jim - ID

K6PJV - Dale - CA

WM5F - Dwight - IA

    Until next week 73,

       Kevin.  KD5ONS

-

“Arthur Dent: What happens if I press this button?

Ford Prefect: I wouldn't-

Arthur Dent: Oh.

Ford Prefect: What happened?

Arthur Dent: A sign lit up, saying 'Please do not press this button again.”

Message delivered to [hidden email]