Elecraft Hex Key Serial # 57

KC6CNN
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Elecraft Hex Key Serial # 57

MarcV
While it's not as heavy as its older brother, the Mercury, the key is even more stable when it lies on a thin silicone sheet.

If a silicone sheet, often used as gasket material, is not available, try snipping short lengths of silicone tape and placing one under each Hex Key foot.

It works for me and the thinner sheets, 1 mm, allow the least side to side movement.

I hope this helps you, or your buyer.
--
Marc  W8SDG

> On Oct 14, 2015, at 10:30 PM, KC6CNN <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I have a Special Edition Elecraft Hex Key Serial # 057.
> This key is too light for my heavy hands.
> I am offering it for sale or trade and wanted to give the Elecraft List
> first shot at it.
> So Make a offer* OFF LIST* of either the amount you would pay or key you
> would want to trade.
> Thank you
> Gerald - KC6CNN
>

> -----
> KC6CNN - Gerald
> K2 # 5486
> K3 # 6294
> KX3 # 757

> Message delivered to [hidden email]

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: Elecraft Hex Key Serial # 57

Rick Tavan N6XI
I bought some stuff called something like gooey, sticky pads, probably the
silicone material you're referring to. It is nearly impossible to move a
paddle sitting on these pads, even if you want to!

73,

/Rick N6XI

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 3:27 AM, Marc Veeneman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> While it's not as heavy as its older brother, the Mercury, the key is even
> more stable when it lies on a thin silicone sheet.
>
> If a silicone sheet, often used as gasket material, is not available, try
> snipping short lengths of silicone tape and placing one under each Hex Key
> foot.
>
> It works for me and the thinner sheets, 1 mm, allow the least side to side
> movement.
>
> I hope this helps you, or your buyer.
> --
> Marc  W8SDG
>

> > On Oct 14, 2015, at 10:30 PM, KC6CNN <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > I have a Special Edition Elecraft Hex Key Serial # 057.
> > This key is too light for my heavy hands.
> > I am offering it for sale or trade and wanted to give the Elecraft List
> > first shot at it.
> > So Make a offer* OFF LIST* of either the amount you would pay or key you
> > would want to trade.
> > Thank you
> > Gerald - KC6CNN
> >

> > -----
> > KC6CNN - Gerald
> > K2 # 5486
> > K3 # 6294
> > KX3 # 757
> > --
> > Post: mailto:[hidden email]

> > Message delivered to [hidden email]

> Message delivered to [hidden email]

--
Rick Tavan N6XI
Truckee, CA

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: Elecraft Hex Key Serial # 57

Elecraft mailing list
I found a thin piece of neoprene works just great to keep a key in place, almost no matter how hard you bang on it!!!  It's like a mouse pad, only thinner and not as large.  A mouse pad works great, too!
My Hex has not moved in over a year, hi!!!
Bob/AA6VB
I bought some stuff called something like gooey, sticky pads, probably the
silicone material you're referring to. It is nearly impossible to move a
paddle sitting on these pads, even if you want to!

73,

/Rick N6XI

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 3:27 AM, Marc Veeneman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> While it's not as heavy as its older brother, the Mercury, the key is even
> more stable when it lies on a thin silicone sheet.
>
> If a silicone sheet, often used as gasket material, is not available, try
> snipping short lengths of silicone tape and placing one under each Hex Key
> foot.
>
> It works for me and the thinner sheets, 1 mm, allow the least side to side
> movement.
>
> I hope this helps you, or your buyer.
> --
> Marc  W8SDG
>

> > On Oct 14, 2015, at 10:30 PM, KC6CNN <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > I have a Special Edition Elecraft Hex Key Serial # 057.
> > This key is too light for my heavy hands.
> > I am offering it for sale or trade and wanted to give the Elecraft List
> > first shot at it.
> > So Make a offer* OFF LIST* of either the amount you would pay or key you
> > would want to trade.
> > Thank you
> > Gerald - KC6CNN
> >

> > -----
> > KC6CNN - Gerald
> > K2 # 5486
> > K3 # 6294
> > KX3 # 757
> > --
> > Post: mailto:[hidden email]

> > Message delivered to [hidden email]

> Message delivered to [hidden email]

--
Rick Tavan N6XI
Truckee, CA

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: Elecraft Hex Key Serial # 57

KE8G
I, too, am a pretty heavy handed cw buff and have found that you can use a piece shelf liner, the kind my XYL uses in the kitchen cabinets & drawers.  Works fantastic.  Besides, it cleans up easily from any coffee spills!

73 de Jim - KE8G

> I found a thin piece of neoprene works just great to keep a key in place, almost no matter how hard you bang on it!!!  It's like a mouse pad, only thinner and not as large.  A mouse pad works great, too!
My Hex has not moved in over a year, hi!!!
Bob/AA6VB
I bought some stuff called something like gooey, sticky pads, probably the
silicone material you're referring to. It is nearly impossible to move a
paddle sitting on these pads, even if you want to!

73,

/Rick N6XI

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 3:27 AM, Marc Veeneman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> While it's not as heavy as its older brother, the Mercury, the key is even
> more stable when it lies on a thin silicone sheet.
>
> If a silicone sheet, often used as gasket material, is not available, try
> snipping short lengths of silicone tape and placing one under each Hex Key
> foot.
>
> It works for me and the thinner sheets, 1 mm, allow the least side to side
> movement.
>
> I hope this helps you, or your buyer.
> --
> Marc  W8SDG
>

> > On Oct 14, 2015, at 10:30 PM, KC6CNN <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > I have a Special Edition Elecraft Hex Key Serial # 057.
> > This key is too light for my heavy hands.
> > I am offering it for sale or trade and wanted to give the Elecraft List
> > first shot at it.
> > So Make a offer* OFF LIST* of either the amount you would pay or key you
> > would want to trade.
> > Thank you
> > Gerald - KC6CNN
> >

> > -----
> > KC6CNN - Gerald
> > K2 # 5486
> > K3 # 6294
> > KX3 # 757
> > --
> > Post: mailto:[hidden email]

> > Message delivered to [hidden email]

> Message delivered to [hidden email]

--
Rick Tavan N6XI
Truckee, CA

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: Elecraft Hex Key Serial # 57

MarcV
That's the stuff!  If is isn't gooey and sticky, yet does not leave residue, it's probably not silicone.

Some pieces are sold as dashboard holders for GPS devices or cell phones, but they often have embossing or raised edges or some other impediment to full-on paddle holding power.  And some are just rubber or neoprene.  You want the real thing.

It's also the stuff Elecraft are considering for KX3 feet, instead of neoprene.
--
Marc  W8SDG

> On Oct 15, 2015, at 11:51 AM, Rick Tavan N6XI <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I bought some stuff called something like gooey, sticky pads, probably the silicone material you're referring to. It is nearly impossible to move a paddle sitting on these pads, even if you want to!
>
> 73,
>
> /Rick N6XI
>
>> On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 3:27 AM, Marc Veeneman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> While it's not as heavy as its older brother, the Mercury, the key is even more stable when it lies on a thin silicone sheet.
>>
>> If a silicone sheet, often used as gasket material, is not available, try snipping short lengths of silicone tape and placing one under each Hex Key foot.
>>
>> It works for me and the thinner sheets, 1 mm, allow the least side to side movement.
>>
>> I hope this helps you, or your buyer.
>> --
>> Marc  W8SDG
>>

>> > On Oct 14, 2015, at 10:30 PM, KC6CNN <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > I have a Special Edition Elecraft Hex Key Serial # 057.
>> > This key is too light for my heavy hands.
>> > I am offering it for sale or trade and wanted to give the Elecraft List
>> > first shot at it.
>> > So Make a offer* OFF LIST* of either the amount you would pay or key you
>> > would want to trade.
>> > Thank you
>> > Gerald - KC6CNN
>> >

> --
> Rick Tavan N6XI
> Truckee, CA

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: Elecraft Hex Key Serial # 57

Mike Maloney
Hard to imagine the big ugly(IMO) hex key being "too light" to stay in place?  It must be due to poor surface contact with the bottom of the foot pads.  The suggested methods should work well as should small squares of double faced mounting tape under the pads.
Mike  AC5P