Elecraft Net Announcement

Kevin Rock
Good Evening,
    The weather has turned clear and cold after Thanksgiving day.  The sun
is nice when it pops out from behind the mountain to our south.  I hope
you all are recovering from the feast on Thursday and are either relaxing
or contesting to your heart's content.  Last night I listened for a number
of hours to all the folks out there.  It sounded nice so I copied along
for a bit to see who I could hear.  I knew a few of them and could copy
more than I thought I could.  But some of those guys are pretty fast!
    The bands I listened to last night (160, 80, 40) sounded pretty good.
I know 20 meters was doing well on Friday so hopefully after the contest
is over at 2400z tomorrow they will have left a bit of the ionosphere
intact for us to use.  I wandered into Home Depot this evening and
purchased a bit of 14 guage wire.  I will try to get a loop up for 160
which should tune quite nicely for the higher bands.  Now to get some
ladder line from HRO this coming week and get it hooked up.  Then I can
switch around between my various antennas and see if that helps get a few
more check ins during ECN.

Please join us :

Monday 0000z (Sunday 4pm PST) 14050 kHz
Monday 0300z (Sunday 7pm PST)  7045 kHz

Visit our web site: http://ecn.visionseer.com/ for further details.  Thank
you for the web space Dan.

No special requirements or exchanges necessary on ECN just check in and
see what happens from there.
   Take care all and see you tomorrow evening,
        Kevin.  KD5ONS