Elecraft Net Report for December 6, 2004

Elecraft Net Report for December 6, 2004

Kevin Rock
Howdy Folks,
    With a little help from my friends ECN was able to get folks from
across the continent to participate this evening.  20 meters was much
quieter than 40 but what else is new?  KE0X, Rich, in Nebraska responded
to our plea for another state and brought NE to the list.  Only three more
and I will apply for ECN WAS.  Delaware, Vermont, and South Dakota.  If
there are any folks out there from those states who would like to make a
net op very happy now is your chance :)
    Thank you also to Bill for gleaning a few more stations with a call
 from CT and for Dick catching a few more from CO.  Without these two guys
the lists below would be shorter.  40 meters was very noisy but a couple
ESP stations made it aboard as partials.  And Ray, where were you this
week?  /4?  Hmm must have taken that KX1 for a trip.  Wayne appreciates
your treatment of his rigs.  Good care and feeding and a little vacation
now and then makes them perform much better.  My K2 needs one soon.  Maybe
Eastern Oregon where the sun is shining :)

On 14051 kHz we had:
N4SO - Ken - Al - K2 - 3394
K6DGW - Fred - CA - K2 - 4398
KG6HAF - Ward - CA - K2 - 3587
K5JAZ - Jim - LA - K2 - 2535
WG4S - Dan - GA - K2 - 2456
KL0WN - John - AK - K1 - 1456
K1EV - Bill - CT - K2 - 2152
W0QQS - Bruce - MN - K2 - 3646
KE0X - Rich - NE - K2 - 2260

On 7045 kHz:
K5GUS - Dan - TX - K2 - 4426
W0CZ - Ken - ND - K2 - 1031
W0NTA - Dick - CO - K2 - 3900
K1EV - Bill - CT - K2 - 2152
N2FQ/6 - Fernando - CA - K2 - 2330
VE3YR - William - ON - ?
K2HYD/4 - Ray - VA/? - KX1 - 608
WA7BOC - Roger - WA - K2 - 755
KF1G - Lee - ME - K1 - ??

Thank you all for the fun of the hunt.  Ms. Patricia turned on the washer
while I was on the air on 40 meters.  The preamp was on, the AF fully
clockwise, and the RF fully clockwise too.  When the relays clicked to
cycle the motors my ear drums must have touched!  Youch.  Normally I don't
run with everything on high like that.  But the only way to get through
the QSB, QRM, and the ubiquitous QRN on 40 was to run maxed out.  Youch.

I have a few votes for 160 meters, another for 80 meters, and then two
votes for 30 meters.  Hopefully this loop will tune each of them.  Next
Spring will bring a larger loop into the fir trees; a two wavelength 160
meter loop at 60+ feet.  This smaller version will be lower and a test
study for the main event.  Stay tuned :)

Any fills on the above list would be appreciated as well as any error
correction.  Thank you for the fun evening and I will see you next week,
    73,
       Kevin.  KD5ONS (Net Operator 5th Class)

Re: Elecraft Net Report for December 6, 2004

Geoffrey Mackenzie-Kennedy-2
Good morning Kevin,
          20 metres dead as a Dodo here 2300Z onwards with no recovery by
ECN time.Idiot 'alarm clock' pheasant was late, but I got on 7045 kHz around
0400Z hoping to find somebody still around. Nothing except a S5 RTTY and a
continuous pulsed signal both from the west, but conditions were good into
Central and S.America and the Carrib., so all not lost. Oregon / Washington
S. / Calif. good yesterday long path around 1500Z on 40.
          The low band idea is great.

73,    Geoff      GM4ESD.