Elecraft Net Report for June 14, 2004

Kevin Rock
Howdy Folks,
    Another scratchy, noisy night on 40 meters.  But we had some fun.
Unfortunately my K2/100 decided it was time for a break and would not stay
running on 40 meters.  I employed my lesser transceiver and muddled
through.  Who ever would have thought they would use mechanical relays for
full QSK?  What ever were they thinking?  After learning how to run CW on
my K2 I am spoiled for all other gear.  Wayne please train the folks at
Yaecomwood on how to build a QSK circuit.  The big three seem to be unable
to get your smooth action and velvet sound.
    Even though the bands were not as happy as they could be we did quite
well for checking in 10 folks on 40 meters this evening.  The lessor rig's
filter and adjustments may not be up to Elecraft's vaunted standards but
somehow the other ops got their info across to me.  And, best of all, I
have one more volunteer for the Elecraft Booth at SeaPac (Thanks Roger :)
And congratulations go out to Ken, W0CZ for his volunteer work for the
Salvation Army in balmy North Dakota.  Send me some of that sun Ken!  I am
freezing my patoots off down here in the mountains of western Oregon.  My
greenhouse seems to be the only warm place up here now days.

'Nuff jawin' here's the list:

KL7V/5 - Sam - OK - K2 - 3158
VE3XL - Ric - ON - K1 - 968
W0CZ - Ken - ND - K2 - 1031
AB9V - Mike - IN - K2 - 3993
K8DD - Henry - MI - non Elecraft
N7NLU - Karl - OR - K2 - 4227
AA0NI - Dan - OK - K2 - 3421
K6ATT - Jeff - CA - K1 - 1805
WD5EWA - Stan - TX - K2 - 4216
WA7BOC - Roger - WA - K2 - 755

As alway any mistakes on this list will be fixed as soon as I receive the
corrections with my abject apologies for my unskilled ways and fumbling
fingers.

73 to all,
    Kevin.  KD5ONS  (Net Control Operator 5th Class)
You must subscribe to post.
Subscriber Info (Addr. Change, Unsub etc): http://mailman.qth.net/subscribers.htm
Elecraft page: http://www.elecraft.com