Elecraft desk mic and stands...which to buy?

Elecraft desk mic and stands...which to buy?

Buddy Brannan
Hey kiddies,

OK, here's me, not much of a phone op, but thinking that a mic might
be a good thing to have (one matched for the K2, anyway) and the price
seems to be right right about now on the Elecraft/Heil desk mic. Only
one teeny tiny little problem...what combination of mic and stand
should I get? The descriptions on the page aren't very, well,
descriptive. Do I understand that the mic comes with a connector where
you can wire up a foot switch if you so desire but also has a PTT
button on it already? I'm not too worried about aesthetics, so if the
standard round base, chrome base, etc. etc. are the same, likely as
not I'll get the cheaper one...but round base or studio arm? Anyone
care to give us some wisdom on this whole phone business anyway?
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV      | Alena Grace's proud papa!
Phone: (814) 455-7333      | Born: 04/06/2000 in Donetsk, Ukraine