Elecraft rigs in Hungary?

Arato Andras
Hi,

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ wrote:
> I've noticed a pleasant increase in orders for K1, K2, KX1 radios and
> accessories recently from Europe. Much more so than I usually see
> during this time of year. I guess we must be doing something right, or
> we're getting a little help from somewhere..  :-)

I always send during my QSO-s: "My rig is home built K2 or KX1". Maybe
this helps.. :-)

I know one more K2 in Hungary, we had a QSO. Do you know more Elecraft
rigs in HA?

73! de Andras HA5BDU.

Re: Elecraft rigs in Hungary?

Tony Wells
HA5BDU.
> I know one more K2 in Hungary, we had a QSO. Do you know more Elecraft
> rigs in HA?

Would it be possible to put up a "hall of fame" (eg list of callsigns that
own a K2  K1, etc ) on the Elecraft website. When people purchase a kit they
can be asked if they want to appear on the list. The list could be
maintained as a spreadsheet and uploaded from time to time.

I'm not sure about the historical backlog tho. Perhaps people could be
invited to email in and confirm their current ownership.

Regards

Tony wells
G7IGG

>> I've noticed a pleasant increase in orders for K1, K2, KX1 radios and
>> accessories recently from Europe. Much more so than I usually see
>> during this time of year. I guess we must be doing something right, or
>> we're getting a little help from somewhere..  :-)
>
> I always send during my QSO-s: "My rig is home built K2 or KX1". Maybe
> this helps.. :-)
>
> I know one more K2 in Hungary, we had a QSO. Do you know more Elecraft
> rigs in HA?
>
> 73! de Andras HA5BDU.

Re: Elecraft rigs in Hungary?

joswarnier
thinking the same Tony,
after reading Andras question,I was wondering how many K2's there are in
Belgium,.... I tought why not make a list with all K2-K1 owners ?
best 72's to all
ON6WJ, Josef
K2 #4296

> > I know one more K2 in Hungary, we had a QSO. Do you know more Elecraft
> > rigs in HA?
>
> Would it be possible to put up a "hall of fame" (eg list of callsigns that
> own a K2  K1, etc ) on the Elecraft website. When people purchase a kit
they

> can be asked if they want to appear on the list. The list could be
> maintained as a spreadsheet and uploaded from time to time.
>
> I'm not sure about the historical backlog tho. Perhaps people could be
> invited to email in and confirm their current ownership.
>
> Regards
>
> Tony wells
> G7IGG

Re: Elecraft rigs in Hungary?

Tony Wells
Leigh wrote:
> See http://www.zerobeat.net/qrp/k2data.html
> It covers all the models, despite the name.
> Leigh.

Hi Leigh,

A rough count on the website list shows less than 150 entries. I'm guessing
that this is less than 2-3% of the potential list. Looks like the site is
not publicised well enough. Or is it a recent invention? I also saw the note
about the disk crash problem which must have severely impacted the number of
entries.

Whilst I hate to reinvent the wheel, I still think using Elecraft at the
point of sale would be the better and most effortless means of sourcing the
information - they already capture the callsign etc at the point of sale,
plus I' sure they also capture the kit serial number on dispatch. I am sure
that Elecraft back up their customer database very regularly as it is an
important business asset, so the chances of a disk crash affecting the list
is very remote.

If Eelcraft don't want to do this, then perhaps they could provide a link on
their web pages to the zerobeat website.

What do you think Elecraft?

73
Tony
G7IGG

RE: Elecraft rigs in Hungary?

Ron D'Eau Claire-2
Several years ago, K3HRN set up an Elecraft Rig Owner's Database at:
http://tinyurl.com/4g2vy

I don't know what the status of it is other than it's still up, but it shows
less than 200 users! That's a far cry from the number of rigs sold. It's
free. It requires a simple log-in, but you can view the data without doing
that using a generic log-in provided.

Of course, listing owners on a public database should only happen if they
give their permission. One way to be sure to have each person's permission
is to have the owners actually enter the data.

I can't recall when I last saw a post by K3HRN on the reflector. Perhaps
he's not active here any longer. In any case, it seems that a more complete
searchable database like that would be a great asset to ops all over the
world looking for a little local help or who would like to talk to someone
local and perhaps see a rig 'up close and personal' before buying it.

Ron AC7AC

> I know one more K2 in Hungary, we had a QSO. Do you know more Elecraft
> rigs in HA?

Would it be possible to put up a "hall of fame" (eg list of callsigns that
own a K2  K1, etc ) on the Elecraft website. When people purchase a kit they

can be asked if they want to appear on the list. The list could be
maintained as a spreadsheet and uploaded from time to time.

I'm not sure about the historical backlog tho. Perhaps people could be
invited to email in and confirm their current ownership.

Regards

Tony wells
G7IGG

Re: Elecraft rigs in Hungary?

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ
Hi Tony,

Unfortunately we can't publicize our customer list without permission
for pricacy/legal reasons.

73, Eric  WA6HHQ

Tony Wells wrote:

> Leigh wrote:
>
>> See http://www.zerobeat.net/qrp/k2data.html
>> It covers all the models, despite the name.
>> Leigh.
>

> If Elecaft don't want to do this, then perhaps they could provide a
> link on their web pages to the zerobeat website.
>
> What do you think Elecraft?
>
> 7

Re: Elecraft rigs in Hungary?

Tony Wells
Eric wrote:
> Unfortunately we can't publicize our customer list without permission for
> pricacy/legal reasons.

I completely understand Eric, which is why I proposed Elecraft ask the
question of publicity at the time of sale. if the answer is yes, then that
customer is happy to be in the "hall of fame".

However, if all this stuff just adds more overhead to the ordering process,
then I also completely understand :-)

73
Tony
G7IGG

Re: Elecraft rigs in Hungary?

David Pratt-3
In a recent message, Tony Wells <[hidden email]> said....
>I completely understand Eric, which is why I proposed Elecraft ask the
>question of publicity at the time of sale. if the answer is yes, then
>that customer is happy to be in the "hall of fame".

While it sounds a good idea at first thought, Tony, it would have very
limited use or accuracy.  K2/K1/KX1 rigs are sold secondhand and some
guy on here claims to have built 70 K2s for other people.  I personally
feel that much of the kick of using a K2 is because one has built it and
got it going oneself, but the fact it that a database at the point of
sale would be highly inaccurate.

73 de David G4DMP
K2 #0158
K1 #1117
KX1 #0052
KXV144 No serial #!

Re: Elecraft rigs in Hungary?

Tony Wells
Hi David,

David wrote:
> K2/K1/KX1 rigs are sold secondhand and some guy on here claims to have
> built 70 K2s for other people.

I don't want to beat this horse too much. However I thought of this issue
already.

Owners tend to buy upgrades and accessories irrespective of who originally
bought the kit. This means that the list will tend to be self-correcting
over time when the new owner decides to buy more stuff for the pre-owned
rig. Also the advertising kit builders don't buy the kits, the owner buys
the kits and Elecraft ship the kits to directly to the builders (I think).

73
Tony
G7IGG
> In a recent message, Tony Wells <[hidden email]> said....
>>I completely understand Eric, which is why I proposed Elecraft ask the
>>question of publicity at the time of sale. if the answer is yes, then that
>>customer is happy to be in the "hall of fame".
>
> While it sounds a good idea at first thought, Tony, it would have very
> limited use or accuracy.  K2/K1/KX1 rigs are sold secondhand and some guy
> on here claims to have built 70 K2s for other people.  I personally feel
> that much of the kick of using a K2 is because one has built it and got it
> going oneself, but the fact it that a database at the point of sale would
> be highly inaccurate.
>
> 73 de David G4DMP
> K2 #0158
> K1 #1117
> KX1 #0052
> KXV144 No serial #!

Re: Elecraft rigs in Hungary?

Kevin Rock
It would not be too hard to scan the archives of the Elecraft Reflector
and gain many, many serial number - call sign pairs.  Or you could start a
net and ask them for their serial number.  It is much more fun that way ;)
    73,
        Kevin.  KD5ONS

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 19:51:19 -0000, Tony Wells <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Eric wrote:
>> Unfortunately we can't publicize our customer list without permission
>> for pricacy/legal reasons.
>>

> I completely understand Eric, which is why I proposed Elecraft ask the
> question of publicity at the time of sale. if the answer is yes, then
> that customer is happy to be in the "hall of fame".
>
> However, if all this stuff just adds more overhead to the ordering
> process, then I also completely understand :-)
>

> 73
> Tony
> G7IGG

RE: Elecraft rigs in Hungary?

Thom LaCosta
On Wed, 24 Nov 2004, Ron D'Eau Claire wrote:

> Several years ago, K3HRN set up an Elecraft Rig Owner's Database at:
> http://tinyurl.com/4g2vy
http://www.zerobeat.net/qrp/k2data/

> I don't know what the status of it is other than it's still up, but it shows
> less than 200 users! That's a far cry from the number of rigs sold. It's
> free. It requires a simple log-in, but you can view the data without doing
> that using a generic log-in provided.

At one tiem there were a lot more entries....but in a system crash the data was
lost. It's back up again.

In the past I received several very critical emails about the html, etc.  I'm
happy to provide the service...and strongly suggest that the nay sayers offer
something much better.

So, until they do, pleae feel free to make use of it.

73
Thom-k3hrn

www.zerobeat.net Home of QRP Web Ring, Drakelist home page,
     Free Classified Ads for amateur radio, QRP IRC channel
www.tlchost.net/              Web Hosting as low as 3.49/month

Update - K1 / KFL1-4 / Question

Dwight N4GSD
Hello,

Last email had no 15 meter function, got some great idea's and was able to
locate a copy of k1 sig tracing. The link on the elecraft site, is dead as
far as I can tell:

http://www.elecraft.com/TechNotes/SigTr/K1%20Cheap%20'n%20Dirty%20Signal%20Tracing.pdf

Got it from N0SS, thx!

Dug out my 100 mhz scope, yes I should have got it out sooner! The 29 mhz
crystal is dead. So I checked the relays, they check good in b4 setting.
Changed the 15 m crystal to the 17 m crystal (26.05 mhz) it is also flat
lined. All have the app 6 vdc on them.

The 15, 18 and 22 mhz crystals are fine.

Re: Update - K1 / KFL1-4 / Question

Don Wilhelm-3
Dwight,

Since both crystals are not oscillating, I would wenture a guess that you
have an oscillator that refuses to oscillate above 22 MHz or so.  Take a
good look at the capacitor values in the oscillator circuit (use the
schematic to identify which components are associated with the oscillator).

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004, Thom R. Lacosta wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Nov 2004, Ron D'Eau Claire wrote:
>
>> Several years ago, K3HRN set up an Elecraft Rig Owner's Database at:
>> http://tinyurl.com/4g2vy
> http://www.zerobeat.net/qrp/k2data/

Arghhhh.....it's really
http://www.zerobeat.net/qrp/k2data.html