Encoder Z1

JEAN-FRANCOIS MENARD-3
I observed that sometime, 1 out of 100, when I turn Z1 to change or
tune frequency, it goes up only 0.01 or down 0.01 too and stuck at this
frequency. But if I only tork a little, little bit the Z1 encoder,
everything return to normal every time.

What is it wrong with the Z1 encoder, bad or defective ??? Everything
is well soldered, nothing touch nothing, no cold soldered..... and
everything is working flawlessly.

Re: Encoder Z1

Leigh L. Klotz Jr WA5ZNU
Administrator
Jean-François,
Thanks!  I got my replacement Z1 (on my nickel as I broke it) .  Now it
works great!
Thanks to Scott and Gary at Elecraft, and hopefully this is the last
word on the subject...watch those little pins!