Eurasia ECN 26.06.04

Robert Boerhorst
Worked on 20m:
DL1IAQ/ 559/Mac/K2 # 2706/5 W
LZ1VB/329/name ?/K2 # 2745/5 W. (deep QSB)
Worked on 40m:
G4DMP/569/David/K2 # 158/10 W
LA3ZA/569/Sverre/K2 # 2189/5 W
YI9RVT not heard on 20/40 m

Own rig K2 # 2406/5 W

73/72
Robert, PA0RBO

73/72

RE: Eurasia ECN 26.06.04

Sverre Holm
In addition I responded to G4DMP's CQ ECN call on 40 m and was also
contacted by DL1IAQ on 20 m. So this has turned out to be a North Sea
Elecraft net.

Sverre
LA3ZA

RE: Eurasia ECN 26.06.04

Sverre Holm
Correction: both contacts were on 40 m.

> In addition I responded to G4DMP's CQ ECN call on 40 m and
> was also contacted by DL1IAQ on 20 m. So this has turned out
> to be a North Sea Elecraft net.
>
> Sverre
> LA3ZA

RE: Eurasia ECN 26.06.04

Martin-85
Hello elecrafters,
sorry for the delay.

Had fun in the ECN though i did not work too many stations.
There was the MM-Contest (Marconi Memorial?) running this weekend, so
got a few replies with serial-numbers (no K2-serials, hi) to my
cq-calls.

Worked PA0RBO (Rob, K2 2406) & LZ1VB (Val, K2 2745) on 20m
and LA3ZA (Sverre, K2 2189) on 40m.
I heard G4DMP on 40m calling me after my
qso with LA3ZA , but it was
SverreŽs qrg ( he answered someone) , so i did not respond. In fact , i qsyed and called cq
myself and ended up with long ragchewing-qsos with two german guys (no
elecrafters). After returning to 7.025 i called cq for
15 minutes , no reply.
No trace of YI9RVT.
Rig here:
K2 , 5 Watts
Titanex Log-Periodic DLP-15 40m through 10m, on top of a 18m Fritzel
Tower.
Fullsize 40m-Delta Loop, vertical polarisation, hanging on a standoff
under the log-per .
Trap-Dipole for 160/80m , length 66m, also hanging under the log-per.
I switched between the 3 Antennas & used the one that gave best
results ( sometimes best was the trap-dipole!)

--
Best regards,
 Martin

RE: RE: Eurasia ECN 26.06.04

Sverre Holm

> I heard G4DMP on 40m calling me after my
> qso with LA3ZA , but it was
> SverreŽs qrg ( he answered someone) , so i did not respond.
> In fact , i qsyed and called cq myself

Well, Martin, it was in fact David, G4DMP's frequency, as I hade
responded to his CQ ECN. I must admit I don't really understand  how to
participate in a net like the ECN, so I ended up 'capturing' his
frequency when you called me.

Kevin's rules on http://ecn.visionseer.com/ are a bit too complex for me
to handle, and I think they are too compliacted for the few people on
the net at present, but that may change.

Sverre

------------------
Sverre Holm, LA3ZA
www.qsl.net/la3za

Re: RE: Eurasia ECN 26.06.04

Wolf-Rüdiger Jürgens-2
On Tuesday 29 June 2004 18:13, Sverre Holm wrote:
> Kevin's rules on http://ecn.visionseer.com/ are a bit too complex for
> me to handle, and I think they are too compliacted for the few people
> on the net at present, but that may change.

I have also just read the rules, but I think its a bit complicated for a
station that was never in a net. Nets are not so common here in europe,
AFAIK.
But I will try to participate, if I can hear one of you today evening.

72 Wolf, DL2WRJ