External Amp Keying with KX60V Installed

External Amp Keying with KX60V Installed

David VK2NU
Hi All,

I've just picked up a second hand K2, with KX60V installed.

I believe I can use this for keying external amps, but just wanted to check
that I'm on the right track.

Looking at the circuit diagram of the KX60V I'm thinking I would use pins 1
and 2 on J2. Would I be right with this??

Thanks

David, VK2NU

Re: External Amp Keying with KX60V Installed

Don Wilhelm-4
David,

You have it right.  I might point out that there is room (just barely)
for an RCA jack near the key jack.  Take a look at my website
www.w3fpr.com article on the K2 Fixed Audio Output and you will see the
location I refer to.  Of course, you could use one of the transverter
holes in the top cover, but you would need to provide a disconnect
should you ever want to completely remove the top cover for service.