F/N7XY QRP portable activity with K2

Bob Nielsen
I spent 10 days in northeastern France and made 32 contacts, mostly in
the WPX CW contest.  I was using my K2 and MP-1 vertical from a sixth
floor hotel room in Tourcoing, but there were much taller buildings to
the north and west, so I really didn't have any path back to the US.
The best DX (and only non-EU) contacts I made were 3V8BB and A61AJ in
the contest.

I had forgotten to bring the power cord for my MFJ mini-switcher so I
used battery power for several contacts until I could purchase a
computer power cord (the MFJ uses the same connector as a desktop).

73, Bob N7XY

You must subscribe to post.
Subscriber Info (Addr. Change, Unsub etc): http://mailman.qth.net/subscribers.htm
Elecraft page: http://www.elecraft.com