FS: 68000 computer collection

Alan D. Wilcox, W3DVX
Hello,

Unique 68000 S-100 CPU board and assorted other boards and engineering
notes for sale. The board is the design feature of my 68000 book
published in 1987. Photos and details at
http://wilcoxengineering.com/68000-microprocessor  -  I can provide more
specifics for serious inquiries. Would like to keep this special
historical collection together.

Can use to connect to experimental ham-radio equipment and control units.

Needs good home!

Cheers, Alan

Alan D. Wilcox, W3DVX (K2-5373, K3-40)
570-321-1516
http://WilcoxEngineering.com
http://WilcoxPublishing.com
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/28062?ref=awilcox
Williamsport, PA 17701

Re: FS: 68000 computer collection

Jeff Herr
Wow does that bring back memories!
I did 68K as well as 68020, 030, and 040 embedded systems development
myself, and I too still have prototypes.

The company I was working for at the time had the first commercial 68k
product released to market.

WW6L

Good luck

Re: FS: 68000 computer collection

roncasa
On 02/16/2012 03:32 PM, Jeff Herr wrote:

> Wow does that bring back memories!
> I did 68K as well as 68020, 030, and 040 embedded systems development
> myself, and I too still have prototypes.
>
> The company I was working for at the time had the first commercial 68k
> product released to market.
>
> WW6L

memories is right.

I used to service first digital generation pinball machines utilizing
these babies replacing their mechanical family.

72
Ron, wb1hga

Re: FS: 68000 computer collection

Mike Heitmann
Absolutely good memories! I wrote lots of software for VME racks packed with 68K
processors. We used them to automate production testing of military avionics
sub-systems. The later ones ran on the OS-9 operating system which could be
"EPROMed" for deployment.

Good times and good work, but to big a package to fit inside a KX3!

Mike, N0SO

________________________________
I did 68K as well as 68020, 030, and 040 embedded systems development
myself, and I too still have prototypes.
Unique 68000 S-100 CPU board and assorted other boards and engineering
notes for sale. The board is the design feature of my 68000 book
published in 1987.

Re: FS: 68000 computer collection

Mark Bayern
> Good times and good work, but to big a package to fit inside a KX3!

Fitting the 64pin dip by itself into the KX3 would be a challenge
without the I/O, memory, clock stuff and the glue needed to make it
all work.

Mark

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 9:24 AM, Mike Heitmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Absolutely good memories! I wrote lots of software for VME racks packed with 68K
> processors. We used them to automate production testing of military avionics
> sub-systems. The later ones ran on the OS-9 operating system which could be
> "EPROMed" for deployment.
>
> Good times and good work, but to big a package to fit inside a KX3!
>
> Mike, N0SO

Re: FS: 68000 computer collection

Alan D. Wilcox, W3DVX
Yes, times have changed for the smaller, no doubt about that.

I suppose we can think of the 68000 boards as the computer equivalent of
our vintage boat anchors. Not quite so heavy, but relatively big (and
much easier to work on!)

Folks are out there who are into vintage computers ... just need to find
them. I surely don't want to dump it all out.