FS: BL-2

Phil LaMarche-2
Never used.  39.95

30.00 shipped.

Phil

Philip LaMarche

LaMarche Enterprises, Inc
[hidden email]
www.LaMarcheEnterprises.com <http://www.lamarcheenterprises.com/>

727-944-3226
727-937-8834 Fax
727-510-5038 Cell

www.w9dvm.com <http://www.w9dvm.com/>

K3 #1605

CCA 98-00827
CRA 1701
W9DVM

K2: How to read errata sheets & manual revisions (kit # 6936)

OZ2BRN Brian Lodahl
  Hi Ele-crafter's,

Looking so much forward to the coming weekend, when my vacation
starts... because:
First full week is devoted to assembly, calibration and checkout of my
beautiful K2 kit # 6936 with all options included... I Can't wait :-)

Now my question to you: With the kit shipped from Elecraft there are
manuals and some errata sheets supplied, but do I need to go in manually
to the Elecraft homepage and check for further errata, updates, notes
etc. or can I rely that the instructions supplied is enough and will
cover the corrections needed ?

73,
Brian OZ2BRN / 5P9A

Re: K2: How to read errata sheets & manual revisions (kit # 6936)

AC7AC
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: K2: How to read errata sheets & manual revisions (kit # 6936)

OZ2BRN Brian Lodahl
  Excellent explanation, Ron !

This was exactly what I needed to know. Thanks :-)

-and yes; I am almost certain I will have a lot of fun next week.
Looking so much forward to the process.

73,
Brian OZ2BRN

Den 29-08-2010 22:27, Ron D'Eau Claire skrev:

> It's always a good idea to check the Elecraft web site to see if you have
> the latest manual and errata just in case an update occurred after your kit
> was in transit.
>
> The latest K2 Owner's manual is Revision G and the current errata is G-10.
> The errata is identified by the revision letter of the manual, in this case
> Revision G, followed by a sequential number each time the errata is updated,
> in this case it's the 10th update to the Rev G errata.
>
> The latest errata is complete, containing all changes since G-1, so you only
> need to incorporate the changes shown in G-10 to have your manual completely
> up to date.
>
> Have fun!
>
> Ron AC7AC

gm3sek
Ron D'Eau Claire wrote:
>It's always a good idea to check the Elecraft web site to see if you
>have the latest manual and errata just in case an update occurred after
>your kit was in transit.

The easy way to check for recent updates to all Elecraft manuals is:

http://www.elecraft.com/manual/?M=D

The "?M=D" option in the directory listing sorts all manual files into
date order, newest at the top. You only need to check the top of the
list for recent changes, and your browser will change the link colour on
files you have already downloaded.

Likewise, the following listing will show any recent modifications:

http://www.elecraft.com/K3/mods/?M=D

--

73 from Ian GM3SEK
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek

Re: K2: How to read errata sheets & manual revisions (kit # 6936)

Stephen  Prior
Hi Ian

That's _so_ useful!

73 Stephen G4SJP

PS See you at the HF Convention in October!

On 30/08/2010 07:43, "Ian White GM3SEK" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ron D'Eau Claire wrote:
>> It's always a good idea to check the Elecraft web site to see if you
>> have the latest manual and errata just in case an update occurred after
>> your kit was in transit.
>>

> The easy way to check for recent updates to all Elecraft manuals is:
>
> http://www.elecraft.com/manual/?M=D
>
> The "?M=D" option in the directory listing sorts all manual files into
> date order, newest at the top. You only need to check the top of the
> list for recent changes, and your browser will change the link colour on
> files you have already downloaded.
>
> Likewise, the following listing will show any recent modifications:
>
> http://www.elecraft.com/K3/mods/?M=D

Re: K2: How to read errata sheets & manual revisions (kit # 6936)

OZ2BRN Brian Lodahl

Hehe, the neat tricks keep comin' to me... :-)

Thanks guys, this will probably save me hours of preperations for build.
Much appreciated !

73,
Brian OZ2BRN