FS: HP8647A 250khz-1Ghz signal generator

FS: HP8647A 250khz-1Ghz signal generator

Howard Ashcraft-2
 I have two HP8647A signal generators.  Both are in good condition, pass
the interanl self-test and are completely functional.  The difference
between the two is that one is a base unit with a very recently expired
calibration (May, 2012).  The other has option 1E5, which is the high
stability time base, but was last calibrated several years ago.  In
addition, the 1E5 version has faded marker writing on the top of the case.
Neither of the units has the pop in feet, but these are readily available
on Ebay if you want them.

The 8647A is a compact and easy to use signal generator that provides key
capabilities. Most functions can be set by either direct keyboard entry,
dial adjustment, or remote programming. Entries can be made using different
units, such as dbm or uv. Key features are:

•Frequency Range 250 Khz to 1 Ghz in 1 hz steps

•Amplitude Range +10 to -136 dbm

•Internal Modulation (AM, FM, PM)

•HPIB (GPIB) Programmable

•300 Storage Registers

•Internal self test

•Closed box oscillator adjustment

The HP Specifications Sheet can be downloaded from
http://www.teknetelectronics.com/DataSheet/HP_AGILENT/HP__8647A_8648A_D.pdf
The operations and service manual can be downloaded from.
http://cp.literature.agilent.com/litweb/pdf/08647-90006.pdf

I was going to keep one of these for myself, but my Fluke 6080a/an roared
back to life making its replacement unecessary.  (Fluky power supply, no
pun intended....)  So, I'm selling the base unit for $625 plus $40 shipping
in the lower 48 and $700 plus $40 shipping for the 1E5 high stability
timebase option unit.  I have photographs to the two units outputing into a
Tek DSA602a.  The 1E5 unit is the lower unit other than the writing on the
top cover, they are cosmetically equivalent.  I am happy to send additonal
photographs if desired.

The settings for both signal generators when I took the pictures were 250
Mhz @ -25 dbm with no modulation.  The photographs show that amplitude from
both units was the same.  Both measured at 250 Mhz on the DSA602A, which is
a very accurate scope.  Photographs can be downloaded from:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8297661/8467a/IMG_0253.JPG
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8297661/8467a/IMG_0254.JPG
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8297661/8467a/IMG_0255.JPG
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8297661/8467a/IMG_0256.JPG