FW: Re:Discrete Passband Tuning Revisited

FW: Re:Discrete Passband Tuning Revisited

Dan Barker
I'm not sure that's right. Every time I've seen much attenuation, I've not
been on the right freq. If you look at the height of the peak in
Spectrogram, it doesn't drop much as you cycle through the widths. A
primative zero-beat was to go to 100Hz bw, and peak the volume.

Or, a filter center not near the input pitch will attenuate (by design)
greatly.

Dan / WG4S / K2 #2456

<snip>
W3FPR - Don Wilhelm
... allow better rejection than a narrower filiter and avoid the attenuation
that occurs with very narrow filters.
</snip>