FW: Re:Frequency k1 4 Band

Richard Klingensmith
Just for the record I have had some issues with the KFL1-4 board as
whitnessed by my posts to the list. My most recent issue is that 20 meters
stopped working. The quick and dirty signal tracing did not identify any
problems. I was tearing my hair out until I borrowed a friends general
coverage receiver and while checking the crystals I found the 20 meter
crystal was oscillating but at a much lower level than the other crystals. I
resoldered the ground wire on the case and touched the pads on the board and
20 meters came back to life.

I just thought I'd add my experience since crystals seem to be having some
problems lately.

Rick
WA3TUU