FW: Re: K1 Kit Question

Bruce Beford-2

> What about turning a four-band board into a three-band board with 80m?
> Gil.

This is technically possible; by having 80M occupy the lowest band spot and
having nothing in band 2. Bands 3 and 4 would still need to meet the
criteria I mentioned earlier. Also, I do not know if you could use the
filter parts from the 80M "band kit" from Elecraft in the 4 band board. They
are spec'ed for the 2 band board's configuration. I have not compared the
schematics for differences. You may have to "roll you own", when it comes to
the filter component values.

GL,
Bruce, N1RX