FW: XG3 device...

Terry Schieler
K9MA:  "It seems likely we hams have the toughest receiver dynamic range
requirements on the planet."

Good point, Scott.  I can, however, think of a few instances where
commercial systems have to perform very well in dense communications
environments.  The "Mobile Command Centers" used by many public safety
agencies are often jam packed with transceivers operating close-in in-band,
out-of-band, HF, VHF, UHF, 800 mHz etc, while deployed to remote areas.  All
the antennas are in close proximity, usually on the roof of the vehicle.

Many years back I was Communications Coordinator for a very large fair and
air show held on the St. Louis riverfront each summer.  Housed in a nearby
hotel ball room were folks manning transceivers for St. Louis City PD,
Missouri State Highway Patrol, FAA, U.S. Coast Guard, Illinois State Police,
Mo State Water Patrol, Secret Service (big shot visitors), ATF, the Air Show
Boss and Red Cross, State Emergency Management, just to name a few.  All
these agencies had top notch communications equipment and all the antennas
were somewhere on a nearby patio/veranda overlooking the fair site.  We had
bags full of notch filters, cavities, band pass devices etc that were put to
good use during the weekend fair as Murphy reared his ugly head.

Terry, W0FM