Feature request - CW KEY1 & KEY2

K7MJG
Wayne, et al.,

It would be great if, in addition to the HAND option for CW keys, there was a BUG option where repeated dits are generated if the dit paddle is held but the dahs are manual, just like a bug.  This would allow users who primarily use a bug to more easily go portable with the KXPD3.

Thanks,
Mark Glenn
K7MJG

Re: Feature request - CW KEY1 & KEY2

EricJ-2
Probably heresy, but there are non-Elecraft solutions to a few ham
situations. Lots of very tiny memory keyers are available that have a
bug mode.

Jackson Harbor's tiny PK-4 memory keyer (1x1.5") is one. It is also
packaged by Palm as the Code Cube to plug into the back of a Palm
paddle. Also available freestanding. It draws around 3 ma in use and
microamps when not.

Eric
KE6US

  It would be great if, in addition to the HAND option for CW keys,
there was a BUG option where repeated dits are generated if the dit
paddle is held but the dahs are manual, just like a bug. This would
allow users who primarily use a bug to more easily go portable with the
KXPD3. Thanks, Mark Glenn K7MJG

Re: Feature request - CW KEY1 & KEY2

Joe Subich, W4TV-4

 > Jackson Harbor's tiny PK-4 memory keyer (1x1.5") is one.

As are any WinKey based device.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV

On 6/1/2013 1:23 PM, EricJ wrote:

> Probably heresy, but there are non-Elecraft solutions to a few ham
> situations. Lots of very tiny memory keyers are available that have a
> bug mode.
>
> Jackson Harbor's tiny PK-4 memory keyer (1x1.5") is one. It is also
> packaged by Palm as the Code Cube to plug into the back of a Palm
> paddle. Also available freestanding. It draws around 3 ma in use and
> microamps when not.
>
> Eric
> KE6US

w1pns
On 06/01/2013 01:23 PM, EricJ wrote:

> Probably heresy, but there are non-Elecraft solutions to a few ham
> situations. Lots of very tiny memory keyers are available that have a
> bug mode.
>
> Jackson Harbor's tiny PK-4 memory keyer (1x1.5") is one. It is also
> packaged by Palm as the Code Cube to plug into the back of a Palm
> paddle. Also available freestanding. It draws around 3 ma in use and
> microamps when not.
>
> Eric
> KE6US

I'd second this. My outboard keyer is a K12 from K1EL (these days it's
the K14, I think). I'm a late-comer to bugs but really enjoy using them.
(The collection, unfortunately, is growing.) And while a single-lever
paddle may not provide the full feel of a bug (although spacing on the
finger pieces aside, one can in fact adjust the gaps on a single-lever
to come close), it's the habit of sending individual dahs and
"automatic" dits that gets preserved.

So when I and my KX1 hit the field, I'm also out with the K12 in an
Altoids tin and a American Morse Equipment mini-B. But then, to each
their own!  ;-)

With best regards,

Pete

--