Fine tuning AF1

VE3WDM

Using the AF1 along with my Elecraft KX1 and the Miracle whip antenna I found the AF1 while transmitting with the KX1 at 1.2 watts was being affected by the RF from the rig. When I used the auto tuner on the KX1 with the AF1 turned on I would hear buzzing and clicking in my ear buds. Also seemed when transmitting the AF1 was picking up RF as I could hear hash in my ear buds along with the CW tone. At home I used my attic DX-EE antenna along with the KX1 and AF1 did not have any issues. Any ideas for the portable operations?? I have pictures of the setup on my blog if that may help with ideas?
Mike
VE3WDM
http://ve3wdm.blogspot.com

Re: Fine tuning AF1

AC7AC
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Fine tuning AF1

AC7AC
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Fine tuning AF1

VE3WDM
Good morning Ron, Yes the antenna is attached to the KX1 so it is as close as it can be to the rig. Yes the Miracle whip is just that a great convenience over the long wire. I have not tried the counterpoise but I do have one and the next time I am out on my deck I will give it a go and see how it helps. If that fails then I will try the cap's as well.
Thanks for your time Ron