Fwd: Re: KX1 PSK31?

Charles Greene
Hi,

I had a plan last year to convert my PSK20 to a PSK/CW rig.  I was going to
add a VXO Xtal oscillator about 10 Khz lower in frequency than the existing
oscillator so that the output would be14060 instead of 14070.  A switch
would select the VXO or normal xtal and provision for a constant carrier
would be added.  Would work on both RX and TX.  Pretty simple modification;
I even bought the parts, but I didn't have a Round Tuet.  I'm glad I didn't
do it because I now have a KX1, so I can carry both a KX1 and PSK20 (and
Laptop) if I want to operate both.  Come to think of it, I might as well
carry my K2 which isn't much heavier and everything is in one box including
the battery, I have at least 5 watts on CW and PSK31, and it saves a lot of
interconnecting cable, spare batteries and such.  What we really need is a
uK2 with an output of 2 to 3 watts, maybe the size of a K1, and covering
20, 30 and 40.  As for other modes, if a rig will transmit PSK31 using a
computer sound card, it will also do RTTY, MFSK, etc. with equal ease.

73's agn

Chas  W1CG