Fwd: kx1 higher current draw 80m receive

Fwd: kx1 higher current draw 80m receive

Bob Tomas
Hi,

I have had a KX1 for a couple of years now.  I was running some tests after
a repair recently and noticed that
in receive mode, the radio draws about 0.060 amps on 80m, which is high,
but only draws ~0.040 amps on 40m,
30m and 20m, which is with the specified range.

Can anyone provide suggestions regarding whether this should be a concern
and if so, how to begin trouble
shooting?

Thanks.

Bob

Re: Fwd: kx1 higher current draw 80m receive

Bob Wolbert, K6XX
The KX1 is expected to draw more current on 80m. This is documented in
the manual...

Regards,

73 de Bob, K6XX

On 4/16/2012 8:56 AM, Bob Tomas wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have had a KX1 for a couple of years now.  I was running some tests after
> a repair recently and noticed that
> in receive mode, the radio draws about 0.060 amps on 80m, which is high,
> but only draws ~0.040 amps on 40m,
> 30m and 20m, which is with the specified range.
>
> Can anyone provide suggestions regarding whether this should be a concern
> and if so, how to begin trouble
> shooting?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Bob

Re: Fwd: kx1 higher current draw 80m receive

Bob,

It is not a problem.  Look at the KXB3080 instructions and you will find
that on 80 meters there is an added 18 ma. current draw - that is due to
the relay on the LPF board, it is not a latching type, and it must be
engaged when on 80 meters.