Genesis of the KX3

Bill W4ZV
On July 22 Lyle accidentally posted this to the list:

http://www.mail-archive.com/elecraft@mailman.qth.net/msg99836.html

So nobody who reads this list regularly should be surprised by the KX3.  We don't know when actual shipments will begin but kudos to Elecraft for a 10 month turnaround from concept to reality (or at least a working prototype at Dayton).

73,  Bill

P.S.  there's also a clue or two in there about the K4!

Re: Genesis of the KX3

Tony Estep
On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 12:25 PM, Bill W4ZV <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On July 22 Lyle accidentally posted this to the list:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/elecraft@.../msg99836.html
>

> A very interesting post! I too have a Flex 1500 and all the same
objections. It has a good receiver (actually really good, for the modest
price), but in order to make it usable as a QRP DX radio I had to add an
outboard keyer (Hamgadgets MK1) and an outboard hardware controller
(Hercules MP3 DJ interface -- awesome for controlling a radio!). I hadn't
seen Lyle's post, but all the same thoughts percolated through my mind while
I was trying to get the Flex up to snuff.

73,
Tony KT0NY