Headset for K2 & K3

Stan AE7UT
I have a K2 and I'm currently building a K1.  I have a KX3 on order (who doesn't!).
I'm also using a Ten-Tec Orion II but would like a K3 in the near future.

I would like to go with a headset but have heard mixed reviews about the Heil Pro Set sold by Elecraft.
I had a Pro Set Elite and it was big, hot, uncomfortable and I sold it... but it had a great mic and loved
the audio while I could stand wearing them.  BTW to be fair the Pro Set Elite was "OK" until I would switch
from my contacts to glasses.  They sat right my your ears and crush my ears into my eye-glass frames.

So what would you suggest?

TNX ES 73
Stan AE7UT

Re: Headset for K2 & K3

RobertG
Stan...

Lots of us have been satisfied with the Yamaha CM500. It costs around
$50 from various vendors. I wear glasses, and it has been comfortable
for me. The sound from the mike has received favorable responses in on
the air evaluations.

...robert

On 8/10/2012 18:35, Stanton A. Bailey wrote:

> I have a K2 and I'm currently building a K1.  I have a KX3 on order (who
> doesn't!).
> I'm also using a Ten-Tec Orion II but would like a K3 in the near future.
>
> I would like to go with a headset but have heard mixed reviews about the
> Heil Pro Set sold by Elecraft.
> I had a Pro Set Elite and it was big, hot, uncomfortable and I sold it...
> but it had a great mic and loved
> the audio while I could stand wearing them.  BTW to be fair the Pro Set
> Elite was "OK" until I would switch
> from my contacts to glasses.  They sat right my your ears and crush my ears
> into my eye-glass frames.
>
> So what would you suggest?
>
> TNX ES 73
> Stan AE7UT

Robert G. Strickland, PhD, ABPH - KE2WY
[hidden email]
Syracuse, New York, USA

Re: Headset for K2 & K3

Dave Hachadorian
>Lots of us have been satisfied with the Yamaha CM500.

The CM500 is available now from Amazon at $44.99, with free
shipping, and no tax. That's about as low as it gets.
http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-CM500-Headset-Built-Microphone/dp/B000BZ6ZX0

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Big Bear Lake, California

.