Heil Handi mic HM-5 and K3

iw7dmh
Hello,

I'm going to use an old Heil Handi Mic HM-5 with my K3.
I am mostly (or better totally) a cw operator and I never made ​​an SSB qso before so I don't know how to start.

First of all, I have a doubt about connections. Is the following corrisponce table correct?

HEIL MIC                      K3-connector
===============    =================
1 - Ground / Shield        7 - Ground
2 - Mic                        1- Mic Audio
3 - PTT                       2 - PTT
4 - PTT                       8 - Ground?? (is this correct?)

Then I would like some suggestions about K3 settings to be used.
Does anyone use this particular mic with a K3?

Thank you very much
73 ' Enzo
iw7dmh
Best 73'