Heil Proset Headphones

KQ5S
I have the headset with the adapter for my Icom 756Pro.  Which Heil
adapter do I need to use the headset with the K3? AD-1-K?

Tom
KQ5S

Re: Heil Proset Headphones

Dick Dievendorff
Yup.  Or plug the microphone connector into the back panel.  If your headset
has a 1/4" plug that'll be difficult. If your headset has a 1/4" adapter
over a 3.5mm plug, it'll all go into the back panel without an AD-1-K.

I am told (but have not verified) that not all Heil AD-1-Ks are the same.
Some may have a blocking capacitor in them that breaks the bias line.  If
your microphone doesn't, it doesn't matter.  If you do, it might matter.

Dick, K6KR

Re: Heil Proset Headphones

Tom,

Since you have the Icom adapter now, I must ask - Is that a Proset-Ic?
You can find the "Ic" designation in the end of the microphone tube that
attaches to the earphone.
If it is an "Ic" type, it has an electret microphone element which
requires bias.
I believe the Kenwood adapter has a blocking capacitor that will prevent
the bias voltage from reaching the mic element.
If you are using this with a K3, just plug it into the rear panel jack,
no need for an adapter.  If you are using it with the K2, rewire the
Microphone Configuration Header to match your Icom adapter.

On 2/24/2012 1:58 PM, Tom wrote:

> I have the headset with the adapter for my Icom 756Pro.  Which Heil
> adapter do I need to use the headset with the K3? AD-1-K?
>
> Tom
> KQ5S

Re: Heil Proset Headphones

Tim Herrick
My type of mic didn't need the bias so I used the same adapter for my IC746
Pro with my K3. The only difference I could see was I could not use the PTT
through the adapter as the pinout was different for PTT but the mic pins
were the same.

Tim Herrick, KQ8M
North Coast Contesters
[hidden email]

K3 Serial #5934

On 2/24/2012 1:58 PM, Tom wrote:

> I have the headset with the adapter for my Icom 756Pro.  Which Heil
> adapter do I need to use the headset with the K3? AD-1-K?
>
> Tom
> KQ5S

Re: Heil Proset Headphones

ankaka