Heil goldline with K2

M1MGD1
Hi all
I have a Heil goldline with Kenwood adaptor cable that I used with
my TS-870 I would like to use this mic with the K2.
Do I need a mic pre amp or do I just set the jumpers for a standard  kwd.

Thanks Mick  M1MGD    K2  #4785..

RE: Heil goldline with K2

Don Wilhelm-3
Mick,

Set the K2 jumpers for the Kenwood configuration, plug in your Goldline and
give it a try.  You may eventually find that you would benefit from a
preamp, but it will work as is - at least my Heil HC4 and HC5 elements
provide adequate (but not a lot of reserve) output for the K2 with the SSBA
menu parameter set to 3 (an SSBC setting of 2 or higher helps a lot too).  I
have had good success with the KI6WX KSB2 Increased Gain mod as an
alternative to using a pre-amp (particularly on 10 meters).