Help! W2 interface window is gone!

NZ0T
All of a sudden I can't see the window of the W2 interface on my computer.  The program is running and shows up on the task bar at the bottom of the screen but but I can't get it to appear on the screen.  I have deleted it and re-loaded a few times with no luck.  I'm using XP.

Any ideas?

73 Bill NZ0T

Re: Help! W2 interface window is gone!

Richard Squire - HB9ANM
Same thing happened to me yesterday. If you are using an icon on the desktop, check it properties and see whether "Open as" is set to "Normal Window". If it is greyed out, reinstalling the shortcut should help.

73
Richard - HB9ANM

NZ0T wrote
All of a sudden I can't see the window of the W2 interface on my computer.  The program is running and shows up on the task bar at the bottom of the screen but but I can't get it to appear on the screen.  I have deleted it and re-loaded a few times with no luck.  I'm using XP.

Any ideas?

73 Bill NZ0T
Richard - HB9ANM

Re: Help! W2 interface window is gone!

David Fleming-2
Hi Bill,

Try deleting the preferences file "W2Prefs" and restarting the .EXE.

On XP, it's located in:

C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data.

On Vista and Windows 7:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming

73, David, W4SMT

> All of a sudden I can't see the window of the W2 interface
> on my computer.
> The program is running and shows up on the task bar at the
> bottom of the
> screen but but I can't get it to appear on the
> screen.  I have deleted it
> and re-loaded a few times with no luck.  I'm using
> XP.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> 73 Bill NZ0T

Re: Help! W2 interface window is gone!

NZ0T
I'm stupid - can't find "W2Prefs" - I looked in My Computer, C, documents and settings.  I assume that USERNAME would be me?
David Fleming-2 wrote
Hi Bill,

Try deleting the preferences file "W2Prefs" and restarting the .EXE.

On XP, it's located in:

C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data.

On Vista and Windows 7:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming

73, David, W4SMT

> All of a sudden I can't see the window of the W2 interface
> on my computer.
> The program is running and shows up on the task bar at the
> bottom of the
> screen but but I can't get it to appear on the
> screen.  I have deleted it
> and re-loaded a few times with no luck.  I'm using
> XP.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> 73 Bill NZ0T

Re: Help! W2 interface window is gone!

David Fleming-2
I should have mentioned that 'Application Data' is a hidden directory. From My Computer click 'Tools' then click 'Folder Options'. Click 'View'. In 'Advanced settings' click 'Show hidden files and folders'. Click 'OK'. Now you should be able to find the file. Yes, USERNAME is the username you login as. On my XP system, it's 'Administrator'.

David, W4SMT

--- On Sat, 12/19/09, NZ0T <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm stupid - can't find "W2Prefs" - I looked in My
> Computer, C, documents and
> settings.  I assume that USERNAME would be me?
>
> David Fleming-2 wrote:
> >
> > Hi Bill,
> >
> > Try deleting the preferences file "W2Prefs" and
> restarting the .EXE.
> >
> > On XP, it's located in:
> >
> > C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data.
> >
> > On Vista and Windows 7:
> >
> > C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming
> >
> > 73, David, W4SMT
> >

> > --- On Sat, 12/19/09, NZ0T <[hidden email]>
> wrote:

> >> All of a sudden I can't see the window of the W2
> interface
> >> on my computer.
> >> The program is running and shows up on the task
> bar at the
> >> bottom of the
> >> screen but but I can't get it to appear on the
> >> screen.  I have deleted it
> >> and re-loaded a few times with no luck.  I'm
> using
> >> XP.
> >>
> >> Any ideas?
> >>
> >> 73 Bill NZ0T

Re: Help! W2 interface window is gone!

NZ0T
Thank you!!!!! That did it - I've been screwing with this all day.
David Fleming-2 wrote
I should have mentioned that 'Application Data' is a hidden directory. From My Computer click 'Tools' then click 'Folder Options'. Click 'View'. In 'Advanced settings' click 'Show hidden files and folders'. Click 'OK'. Now you should be able to find the file. Yes, USERNAME is the username you login as. On my XP system, it's 'Administrator'.

David, W4SMT

--- On Sat, 12/19/09, NZ0T <NZ0T@cox.net> wrote:

> I'm stupid - can't find "W2Prefs" - I looked in My
> Computer, C, documents and
> settings.  I assume that USERNAME would be me?
>
> David Fleming-2 wrote:
> >
> > Hi Bill,
> >
> > Try deleting the preferences file "W2Prefs" and
> restarting the .EXE.
> >
> > On XP, it's located in:
> >
> > C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data.
> >
> > On Vista and Windows 7:
> >
> > C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming
> >
> > 73, David, W4SMT
> >

> > --- On Sat, 12/19/09, NZ0T <NZ0T@cox.net>
> wrote:

> >> All of a sudden I can't see the window of the W2
> interface
> >> on my computer.
> >> The program is running and shows up on the task
> bar at the
> >> bottom of the
> >> screen but but I can't get it to appear on the
> >> screen.  I have deleted it
> >> and re-loaded a few times with no luck.  I'm
> using
> >> XP.
> >>
> >> Any ideas?
> >>
> >> 73 Bill NZ0T

Re: Help! W2 interface window is gone!

Bill K9YEQ

I reloaded everything. Shut down and restarted, and there we go. I deleted ALL old files and now much better. Thank you for the idea!!! we are now much closer to what I expected in to start.  Oh, well, early adopters?  I think needed just a bit more time before release or the beta team was not used.  I have been a field tester on a lot of projects.  My question to Dave and co. did you use the full process.

Bill
K9YEQ
K2-#35 (2 more), KX1-#35, K3, TS2000, IC7000, etc.