Help with power problem on a K1?

Eric Champine
Hi all.
I am on page 30 of the K1 manual where you hook up a 12v power supply and
take some readings in 4 different places.
Everything was OK but the reading off of P1 pin 16. It is supposed to be
(Supply - 0.3 V) and I got 9.33 volts.
Any clue what I should check or do?
Thanks all.

73 de W2EEC

Eric

Re: Help with power problem on a K1?

Byron N6NUL
Hi Eric,

While I did not see this particular problem on my build, during visual inspection in that section I found D10 was installed backwards despite thinking "well, I was careful! Of course they're right!"  I suggest re-examining that, but I question the reading at pin 16.

According to the schematic, P1 pin 16 is connected directly to the 12v bus with just a 0.1 capacitor (for transient suppression, I suspect) connected to it.  Does your supply really measure 12v?  If so, something else is drawing it down so I would again come back to checking the diodes or perhaps the orientation of the resistor packs.

I'm sure Don will weigh in with a more precise answer, but I hope this helps in the mean time.

73 de Byron KI6NUL

Eric Champine wrote