Hexakey? / OT: 4 Sale: K2-ATU, built, $ 95 shipped

Hexakey? / OT: 4 Sale: K2-ATU, built, $ 95 shipped

Chris Wagner-9
Howdy,

I fancy they paddle - but have a BY-1 at home. Is the
Hexakey considerably better than a standard Bencher
paddle? Tnx es 73, Chris Kf6vci

For Sale: KXAT1

Joe Malloy
Ok, so I goofed: When I took my KX1 out after a number of months of
non-use, the antenna tuner wasn't working.  I figgered it was a problem
with the tuner; I checked, reheated, rewound, checked some more and
still no-go.  So I ordered another KXAT1 and assembled that -- a lo and
behold! it didn't work either.  Turns out I had a bum MCU; a swift
response by Elecraft and I was back in business.

So now I have an extra KXAT1 which, of course, is surplus to my needs.
It's for sale at $70 including shipping (USPS Priority Mail) and
includes the manual.  If you would like to have the benefit of my folly,
please email me off list.  Thanks!

73,

Joe, W2RBA

Re: Hexakey? / OT: 4 Sale: K2-ATU, built, $ 95 shipped

Joe Malloy
Chris Wagner wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I fancy they paddle - but have a BY-1 at home. Is the
> Hexakey considerably better than a standard Bencher
> paddle? Tnx es 73, Chris Kf6vci

I have the Elecraft-branded version of the Hex-Key and also the BY-2
(and a couple of Vibroplexae).  I personally never had any trouble with
the BY-2 and was content with its feel, but decided I had to have the
Elecraft name (oy!).  But it's a really good paddle, the finest I have
ever used.  I have the contacts adjusted for a very tight feel and a
very minimal movement of the fingers is required -- and it can certainly
handle speeds which are but a fond memory for me (I'm "certified" at 35
wpm; alas, that was long ago).  The thing to do is try one -- you may
find that you are pleased indeed.

73,

Joe, W2RBA