Hi current

richard gilley-2
Question:

I am finding the following on my QRP K2 with KAT2, cal current set 3.7:
20 meters power setting 14.6, current displayed 2.84, CW
30 meters power setting 14.6, HI current displayed at CW TX, SWR
1.2:1, current 3.74
40 meters power setting 14.6, Hi current displayed at CW TX, SWR
1.2:1, current 3.72

Should I consider this as OK?
Or do I have an alignment issue on 30 and 40 meters or some other
issue I should look into?
The ant. on 30 is a vert, on 40 and 20 a dipole cut for 40 and 20.

I am in the process adding the upgrade to K2/100 and do not want to
create smoke.

Thank you for your consideration.
Best regards
Dick AD1G

Re: Hi current

Don Wilhelm-4
Dick,

That current is definitely too high (except on 20 meters).
The most common cause for that symptom is the Low Pass Filters.  Do
count the number of turns on the toroids in the LPF area - count each
pass of wire through the center of the core as one turn.  I believe you
will find you have one extra turn on the toroids.  A straight wire
through the toroid center is one turn, a complete wrap around the core
is two turns.