High Tech verses Classic

KC6CNN
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: High Tech verses Classic

N0AZZ
I have all 3 and no I do not use my K2 at all anymore being the K3/KX3
offers so much more.

Fred/N0AZZ

High Tech verses Classic

VE3GNO Daniel
Guys,

I know is maybe a little bit off topic but I couldn't resist to pass this wonderful video to community, is abt legendary Hallicrafters SCR299, I cannot resist to say quality and performance Made in USA still exist thanks to Elecraft
Take a deep breath, take a beer and watch this wonderful moment of history "Voice of Victory 1944"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jps0_2adUvo&feature=player_embedded

vy 73 de VE3GNO Daniel

Re: High Tech verses Classic

Jay Kobelin
Circa 1961 .....Sort of looks like my old BC 610E, BC342, the audio box for the carbon mike and that unbelievable antenna tuning unit. I worked some guys on 75AM about 10 miles away with that setup using a coat hanger for antenna. Those tuning produced the worst CW tone .. Wound up feeding it with a Heath VF1....it worked. Ahhhh the old 250TH glowing in the dark.....and the unbelievable TVI one could imagine

Jay

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 30, 2013, at 4:30 PM, VE3GNO Daniel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Guys,
>
> I know is maybe a little bit off topic but I couldn't resist to pass this wonderful video to community, is abt legendary Hallicrafters SCR299, I cannot resist to say quality and performance Made in USA still exist thanks to Elecraft
> Take a deep breath, take a beer and watch this wonderful moment of history "Voice of Victory 1944"
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jps0_2adUvo&feature=player_embedded
>
> vy 73 de VE3GNO Daniel

Re: High Tech verses Classic

Jessie Oberreuter-2

      I feel you, Gerald!  I, too, have all three, and I keep finding
myself coming back to the K2!  I'm pretty sure it's the lower tech look
and feel -- I work around high-tech all day; when I want to relax, the
last thing I want to do is interact with another high-tech device.  I
actually have a rule: no overt technology more sophisticated than a lamp
on the main floor, for exactly this reason!  -kb7psg

On Sat, 30 Mar 2013, KC6CNN wrote:

> I have the mini wonder, a KX3 and love this radio. I pride myself on owning a
> high Tech K3 radio. Both these radio have all the bells and whistles. I have
> a Classic K2 Twin set. The K2 is an outstanding radio with out all the bells
> and whistles. But I find myself always going to and wanting to use the K2.
> It's something about using this classic radio that thrills me more than
> using the other two. The K2 is my qrp radio, but when I hook up the kpa100
> and kat100 setup, I have a 100 watt radio capable of any and all
> communications that I need. There is something about using the K2 radio that
> gives me a thrill. Does anyone else find themselves in this same mind set?
>

> -----
> KC6CNN - Gerald
> K2 # 5486
> K3 # 6254
> KX3 # 757

Re: High Tech verses Classic

N5GE
Below are a few of many reflectors dedicated to the discussion of
classic radio gear listed on http://mailman.qth.net/.

Enjoy

[hidden email] [hidden email]
[hidden email]