How To Get 64 Bit Ubuntu 14.04 Linux to Work with the K3

How To Get 64 Bit Ubuntu 14.04 Linux to Work with the K3

Branta
Getting_64_bit_Ubuntu_to_Run_32_bit_apps.pdfHere is how to get the 64 bit Ubuntu (14.04) Linux, to work with K3Util, fldigi and wsjtx.

This worked on two completely different laptops on which it was tried.

Ubuntu eliminated the 32 bit libraries thereby causing 32 bit apps and drivers to fail.

The attachment tells how to get rig control working on fldigi and wsjtx, including a simple workaround for  SignaLink USB to work on wsjtx.

Precisely follow the steps outlined in the attached PDF file.

Bob. W7GBB

Re: How To Get 64 Bit Ubuntu 14.04 Linux to Work with the K3

DenKB7ST
Bob. -- I am returning to the list after absence of several years.  And switching to Linux Mint MATE 17.3.

Is there a command to figure out if those special files are already installed on my 64-bit mint?