How do I register on this list but not get the e-mails?

How do I register on this list but not get the e-mails?

Bill Swindell - K1LED-2
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: How do I register on this list but not get the e-mails?

Alexander Sack
On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 6:02 PM, Bill Swindell - K1LED
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I want to be able to post on this list and read the posts but I do not want
> the e-mails from the list. Is there a way to do that?

http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/

http://groups.google.com/group/elecraft-archive?lnk=srg

Google around for mailing list archivers....

-aps

Re: How do I register on this list but not get the e-mails?

  Bill,

Yes there is - go to the signup page - see the Home link at the bottom
of every post - and check the "no mail" (or something similar) box.

On 5/17/2011 6:02 PM, Bill Swindell - K1LED wrote:
> I want to be able to post on this list and read the posts but I do not want
> the e-mails from the list. Is there a way to do that?

Re: How do I register on this list but not get the e-mails?

Iain MacDonnell - N6ML-2
I don't think there is a "no mail" option ... the only choice is daily
digest (or, not => all messages individually). This isn't a Yahoo!
group........

73,

    ~iain / N6ML

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 10:11 PM, Don Wilhelm <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  Bill,
>
> Yes there is - go to the signup page - see the Home link at the bottom
> of every post - and check the "no mail" (or something similar) box.
>
> 73,
> Don W3FPR
>
> On 5/17/2011 6:02 PM, Bill Swindell - K1LED wrote:
>> I want to be able to post on this list and read the posts but I do not want
>> the e-mails from the list. Is there a way to do that?

Re: How do I register on this list but not get the e-mails?

Bob Nielsen-2
Under "Mail Delivery" click on "Disabled".

73,
Bob N7XY

On May 17, 2011, at 3:18 PM, iain macdonnell - N6ML wrote:

> I don't think there is a "no mail" option ... the only choice is daily
> digest (or, not => all messages individually). This isn't a Yahoo!
> group........
>
> 73,
>
>    ~iain / N6ML
>

> On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 10:11 PM, Don Wilhelm <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>  Bill,
>>
>> Yes there is - go to the signup page - see the Home link at the bottom
>> of every post - and check the "no mail" (or something similar) box.
>>
>> 73,
>> Don W3FPR
>>
>> On 5/17/2011 6:02 PM, Bill Swindell - K1LED wrote:
>>> I want to be able to post on this list and read the posts but I do not want
>>> the e-mails from the list. Is there a way to do that?

>> Post: mailto:[hidden email]

_____
N7XY DX Cluster Node - telnet to n7xy.net, port 7300

Re: How do I register on this list but not get the e-mails?

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ
Yes, as Don said, there is a 'no mail' option on your elecraft list
personal configuration page - accessed after you sign up.

Go to the following page and scroll down to the bottom to enter your
list password (assigned when you sign up) to log into your personal
configuration page.

This link appears at the bottom of every elecraft email list posting.

Setting your list preference to 'no mail' delivery allows you to just
read the list via the Nabble or other web based archives, and still post
to the list. Our web page email list link has links to these archives etc.

http://www.elecraft.com/elist.html

73, Eric WA6HHQ
List moderator
------
On 5/17/2011 3:18 PM, iain macdonnell - N6ML wrote:

> I don't think there is a "no mail" option ... the only choice is daily
> digest (or, not =>  all messages individually). This isn't a Yahoo!
> group........
>
> 73,
>
>      ~iain / N6ML
>
>> On 5/17/2011 6:02 PM, Bill Swindell - K1LED wrote:
>>> I want to be able to post on this list and read the posts but I do not want
>>> the e-mails from the list. Is there a way to do that?

Re: How do I register on this list but not get the e-mails?

Iain MacDonnell - N6ML-2
Oh, that's a bit misleading .. at a glance, it looks like the whole
bottom section of the page is for administrators only, but if you use
the "Unsubscribe or edit options" button, you can find your way to the
options page, where you can change "Mail delivery" to "Disabled".

    ~iain / N6ML

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 10:42 PM, Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ, Elecraft
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes, as Don said, there is a 'no mail' option on your elecraft list personal
> configuration page - accessed after you sign up.
>
> Go to the following page and scroll down to the bottom to enter your list
> password (assigned when you sign up) to log into your personal configuration
> page.

> This link appears at the bottom of every elecraft email list posting.
>
> Setting your list preference to 'no mail' delivery allows you to just read
> the list via the Nabble or other web based archives, and still post to the
> list. Our web page email list link has links to these archives etc.
>
> http://www.elecraft.com/elist.html
>
> 73, Eric WA6HHQ
> List moderator
> ------
> On 5/17/2011 3:18 PM, iain macdonnell - N6ML wrote:
>>
>> I don't think there is a "no mail" option ... the only choice is daily
>> digest (or, not =>  all messages individually). This isn't a Yahoo!
>> group........
>>
>> 73,
>>
>>     ~iain / N6ML

How to avoid Elecraft list email overload: Nabble and other web archives

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ
Instead of receiving an email for every posting, you can stop emails and
read and search the list via a convenient web based list archive. Nabble
and mail-archive.com are two excellent Elecraft list archives accessed
via our web page. See:
http://www.elecraft.com/elist.html

There is a 'no mail' option on your elecraft list personal configuration
page - accessed after you sign up. Go to the following page and scroll
down to the bottom to enter your list password (assigned when you sign
up) to log into your personal configuration page.

This link also appears at the bottom of every elecraft email list posting.

Setting your list email preference to 'no mail' delivery allows you to
read the list via Nabble and other web based searchable and threaded
archives, and still post to the list. (The list requires you to be
subscribed to make postings, in order to stop spam posting from reaching
our subscribers.)

73, Eric WA6HHQ
List moderator
------

Re: How to avoid Elecraft list email overload: Nabble andother web archives

Ed Muns, W0YK
In addition, I use my local mail client to sort my Inbox into topical
folders.  There is a folder for Elecraft email list postings and within that
there are sub-folders that sort key phrases in the Subject line, e.g., KX3,
KPA500, etc.  This enables me to quickly process a large influx of email by
focusing on groups of messages by topic.  I can see the entire thread in one
place without the mental blizzard of going through an unsorted Inbox on
diverse topics.

Ed W0YK

Eric WA6HHQ wrote:
> Instead of receiving an email for every posting, <ship>
>
> There is a 'no mail' option on your elecraft list <snip>
>
> This link also appears at the bottom of every elecraft email
> list posting.
>
> Setting your list email preference to 'no mail' <snip>

How to avoid Elecraft list email overload: Nabble and other web archives

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ
Instead of receiving an email for every posting, you can stop emails and read
and search the list via a convenient web based list archive. Nabble and
mail-archive.com are two excellent Elecraft list archives accessed via our web
page. See:
http://www.elecraft.com/elist.html

There is a 'no mail' option on your elecraft list personal configuration page -
accessed after you sign up. Go to the following page and scroll down to the
bottom to enter your list password (assigned when you sign up) to log into your
personal configuration page.

This link also appears at the bottom of every elecraft email list posting.

Setting your list email preference to 'no mail' delivery allows you to read the
list via Nabble and other web based searchable and threaded archives, and still
post to the list. (The list requires you to be subscribed to make postings, in
order to stop spam posting from reaching our subscribers.)

73, Eric WA6HHQ
List moderator
------

Message delivered to [hidden email]