How much delay for the AL80A amp?

Bill Clarke
The AL80A is not the most modern of amplifier designs - but it works
well and is paid for. Is there a suggested keying/RF delay (transmit
delay) when using this amp? I never had a rig with adjustable delay before.

Bill W2BLC

--
Sent from my blackboard - written in chalk

Re: How much delay for the AL80A amp?

Phil Salas
"The AL80A is not the most modern of amplifier designs - but it works
well and is paid for. Is there a suggested keying/RF delay (transmit
delay) when using this amp? I never had a rig with adjustable delay before.
Bill W2BLC"

The large open-frame relays used in many of the Ameritron amps typically
take around 15ms to operate.  I measured the relay in the ALS-600 at 13ms.
I'd probably set the delay to 18-20ms.

Phil - AD5X