How to get K3/0 data into a logging program

How to get K3/0 data into a logging program

VK5CP
Hi,

I have a K3/0 and K3 remote station setup using the most recent hardware/firmware version of Remoterig RRC-1258MkII connected via the mobile phone network.

At the K3/0 end I use a IMac computer with MacloggerDX - I would like to connect the K3/0 via USB to the Imac to automatically feed in the freq/mode data?  I have tried but it does not seem to work.

Has anyone worked this out at their station?

Regards

Chris VK5CP

Re: How to get K3/0 data into a logging program

k6dgw
Don't know about an iMac, I have studiously avoided anything whose name
begins with a lower case "i", but ...

I run W7RN remotely with my K3 and the RRC 1258Mk2 and use N1MM in
contests on a PC.  Here's my recipe:

1.  Serial cable from control K3 to back of RRC box.  This establishes
remote control.

2.  USB from RRC front panel connector to PC.  When connected, the RRC
box creates 4 virtual COM ports -- COM0, COM1, COM2, and COMExtra.  In
device mgr, they will have a "real" COM port assigned in parentheses.

3.  Locate the virtual port COM1, and note the "real" port in parens.
That's the port # that goes into N1MM.

The frequency data comes from the remote K3, not my local control K3.

So, if you can translate that into Apple-ese, it should work for you.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the Cal QSO Party 1-2 Oct 2016
- www.cqp.org

On 5/3/2016 5:12 AM, VK5CP wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a K3/0 and K3 remote station setup using the most recent
> hardware/firmware version of Remoterig RRC-1258MkII connected via the mobile
> phone network.
>
> At the K3/0 end I use a IMac computer with MacloggerDX - I would like to
> connect the K3/0 via USB to the Imac to automatically feed in the freq/mode
> data?  I have tried but it does not seem to work.
>
> Has anyone worked this out at their station?
>
> Regards
>
> Chris VK5CP

Message delivered to [hidden email]